Weight Junkies Answer Here!

Calvin L

Thanx, I really don't want to drill into the car to mount the seatbelt harness, if I can bolt them to the rails, then I'll get the 4 point harness... I'm taking it to a track event in Savannah on the 11th and I need to get a few more things; Tein coilovers, clutch, Daizen swaybars... Hopefully I'll have what I need and be able to install it all by then, garages rule...

Anthony

yea i know what you mean by support from the seat really helping. i put in seats in to my friends civic (well he wanted to go the cheap way at about 20 bucksand not buy the rails and wanted me to weld them.) and i just started welding and was super motivated (tig welding) so the whole process took about 10 hours of measuring cutting drilling and welding. but all the work payed off alot. before the seats we would have to hold on for dear life during a turn( im guessing about .9G cornering?) but once we put the buckets in you just sat in there cradled like a baby. :lol:

arent the harnesses supposed to bolt in under the rear seats so you dont have to drill anything?

yea i know what you mean by support from the seat really helping. i put in seats in to my friends civic (well he wanted to go the cheap way at about 20 bucksand not buy the rails and wanted me to weld them.) and i just started welding and was super motivated (tig welding) so the whole process took about 10 hours of measuring cutting drilling and welding. but all the work payed off alot. before the seats we would have to hold on for dear life during a turn( im guessing about .9G cornering?) but once we put the buckets in you just sat in there cradled like a baby. :lol:

arent the harnesses supposed to bolt in under the rear seats so you dont have to drill anything?

I have a '00 Civic Si with Neuspeed springs and Tokico shocks with a Comptech 22mm rear swaybar, and Comptech intake and exaust... It handles really good and the stock seats really sucked, I mentioned in a group of people that I wanted a set of '95 Civic seats(bolstered much, much better), and someone wanted my horrible seats, so I traded seats with him straight up... We just had to swap rails and they bolted right up... I then order leather from Katzskins and put it on the seats, that was a pain in the !Removed!, it was the first time I ever did it and it took forever but in came out good... In the '96-'00 model Civic's, they went cheaper on the seats, but just about all Civic and Integra parts are interchangable one way or another, like Supra and the SC300...

my friends was a 93(eg6) and he had Si seats but we he got some sparco speed seats. he wanted to do this before he went turbo but if he didnt get the seats he would already have turbo (just needed a few more things) so once i get back from my trip i will weld all of his piping and there will be extra (good) noises followed bY a phsssst :lol: isnt this a Lexus forum? :lol: now back to talking about lexuses which Teins are you getting? i personally want the the flexes with the edfc well that me

Thanx, I really don't want to drill into the car to mount the seatbelt harness, if I can bolt them to the rails, then I'll get the 4 point harness... I'm taking it to a track event in Savannah on the 11th and I need to get a few more things; Tein coilovers, clutch, Daizen swaybars... Hopefully I'll have what I need and be able to install it all by then, garages rule...

Anthony

Instead of Teins, I would opt. for the Harder JICs Shocks and Coilovers. They're much better on Twistees and very tight turns, and I believe they're lighter than the Teins. Also some good sticky rubber.

I believe welding the seats down to the body is a really good idea. A good weld job will prevent future damage, or worse lift off.

Good Luck with this.

Anthony

Instead of Teins, I would opt. for the Harder JICs Shocks and Coilovers. They're much better on Twistees and very tight turns, and I believe they're lighter than the Teins. Also some good sticky rubber.

I believe welding the seats down to the body is a really good idea. A good weld job will prevent future damage, or worse lift off.

Good Luck with this.

I thought about the JIC coilovers but I just found out them in a magazine, they had them on a few cars in some articles... The Teins that I am considering getting are the Flex, the RE's have a higher spring rate... Do you know the spring rates of the JIC coilovers???

Anthony

More power.

My car has a curb weight of 3100 pounds and thats before all the crap ive instaled. Some parts lose weight, most dont. But if you have the power to back up that huge a__ then it goes un-noticed (until some 2500 pound civic hands you your butt out of a corner, but come on, how often does that happen).

Ive found the a crisper suspention will make the car "feel" lighter. I just cant see chopping Lexus, just not my idea of a lexus.

Ive been test driving my buddy's sc3 auto and to tell you the truth i was surprised how light it felt compared to my gsx. not LIGHT but lighter than i expected.

Jerry spring final thought. the fastest cruise ship in the world has 4 engines at 13,000 horsepower (travel channel). Who knows how much the damn thing weighs. :geek:

I did some research and the JIC coilovers are slightly stiffer in the rear than the Tein Flex coilovers: JIC spring rates 783f/559r, Tein Flex spring rates 783f/448r... The Tein RE's and RA's both have a spring rate of 895f/559r... The JIC's list price is about $500 more than the Tein Flex coilovers... You can get custom spring rates from JIC though, but they may cost more...

spring rate is only one factor in handling it also has alot to do with dampening. some of those shocks are ment for the track and are super stiff and unless you want a super stiff ride all the time i would suggest getting something a bit less intense. i am sure you can buy springs for those madels with different spring rates after to further tune the ride, but the dampening can only be tuned so much and would not be good to get race hard dampening for something you would drive on the road most of the time. and if your looking for good handling in the twisties you should look in to other suspension tuning like camber castor (if available) swaybar thickness ride hight suspension travel. all of these factors have to do with a car that handles suited to your tastes and desires.

and masubi can call us when he finds a chinese company that will make dry caron doors for 500 bucks :lol:

I'm not worried about a stiff ride, I don't drive my Lexus everyday and the roads where I live in Georgia are pretty smooth, I rarely drive on rough pavement... I drive a '00 Civic Si everyday, I have Neuspeed springs with Tokico HP shocks, 26mm front and 22mm rear swaybars, the car weighs 2795 lbs with me in it... It's pretty stiff, I drove it to New York a few times and the ride was pretty bad, New York road suck, wouldn't want to drive it there everyday... I'm changing the swaybars on the Lexus also...

carbon fiber doors,

what about CF'ing the whole car :lol:

hey have you guys checked out GTP (they have another name but i forgot it) they make a whole bunch of CF parts for a good amount of cars out there. i saw CF trunk, CF hood, CF bumper (which doesnst look too bad i might add.) there were others i think , i just cant remember right now. seems pretty cool but alot of the things require "slight fitting adjustment" and we all know what that means :whistles:

Wow! what happened to this site? its all green and stuff :huh: well im in the land of JDM(just got here) where there are real jzz30's :lol:

i really wish we could just CF every part of the car but the roof to the rear of the car is connected so its just so hard......so who's got an extra couple of hundred grand to give me so i can take it to Toyota in Germany where they make the F1 cars? :lol: ........anyone?.....seriously guys come on!... ... . . . . . . .well i tried :lol: