1999 Ls400

blake918

Man, that has got to be one of the cleanest 9 year old, 167,000 mile daily driven real cars I've seen. Even the dash and the buttons are immacculate! The pedals don't even look used! You can really tell that the owner of that car loves his ride! Great job. Very nice.

Looks great!
Thanks Steve!
Man, that has got to be one of the cleanest 9 year old, 167,000 mile daily driven real cars I've seen. Even the dash and the buttons are immacculate! The pedals don't even look used! You can really tell that the owner of that car loves his ride! Great job. Very nice.
Wow, what a nice compliment, thank you! I really do love this car; there aren't many cars out there that age as gracefully as LS400s do. I've got a service appointment next week, and I'm trying to decide on how many DO NOT WASH signs I need to make and put on the car, so they don't do me a "favor" and wash the car because I'm not going to be a happy camper if they do! haha

I had my service tech put it in my file, No Wash!!!!! Ever!! inside or out. LOL!!!

At this dealership they have a laminated yellow sign that says "No wash" and they put that on the front dash. MAybe check if they have that also and just make sure they put it in the car. before you hand over the keys.

Very nice...glad to see someone as particular and OCD as I do... very nice kept car..you get my vote...have to agree with the pedal statement...either dont push hard or dont let up much.. :lol: ..no wear to the side or bottom...lol..great looking ride.
Thanks Captain! I guess I don't let up much. :lol: No, I'm just a HUGE fan of cruise control. I think the OCD works out well for keeping the car clean since it takes no time to wash and vacuum it if I do every week - week and a half compared to if I space the washes out farther.
I had my service tech put it in my file, No Wash!!!!! Ever!! inside or out. LOL!!!

At this dealership they have a laminated yellow sign that says "No wash" and they put that on the front dash. MAybe check if they have that also and just make sure they put it in the car. before you hand over the keys.

Thanks for the tips! I'm definitely going to make sure that there is some kind of sign on the car before I hand the key over.

Very nice...glad to see someone as particular and OCD as I do... very nice kept car..you get my vote...have to agree with the pedal statement...either dont push hard or dont let up much.. :lol: ..no wear to the side or bottom...lol..great looking ride.
Thanks Captain! I guess I don't let up much. :lol: No, I'm just a HUGE fan of cruise control. I think the OCD works out well for keeping the car clean since it takes no time to wash and vacuum it if I do every week - week and a half compared to if I space the washes out farther.

Thanks for the tips! I'm definitely going to make sure that there is some kind of sign on the car before I hand the key over.

the honda dealer here sends its customers cars across the street to "A touch of Klasse" Auto Detailing. If you are a Honda owner and you bought your car at their dealer, when your car comes in for service or repair, in addition to a loaner car, you get a simple wash/wax/interior protection. If you spend $300 or more, you get the wash/clay/polish/glaze/sealant. The owner of the dealership also owns the detail shop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking clean there Blake! ;) Almost reminds me of our 97 Odyssey with 158k miles. After shopping around for a decent used cars, I've just come to realize that my Odyssey looks almost brand new as your LS400 lol.

I dont know if we should take my 2000 CRV into account, because this thing only has 25k miles on the clock! :wacko: lol

Thanks yall! B) Lex, I'm no fan of bumper stickers either; what you are seeing is a parking permit that must be placed right where it is. It sucks, but I have to have it. ;)

Well I guess I'll let it go then :P

Actually the sticker probably looks better (less conspicuous) where it is than stuck to the windshield or back window.

Anyways, once again, your LS is CLEAN....with or without the parking permit attached!!

Looking clean there Blake! ;) Almost reminds me of our 97 Odyssey with 158k miles. After shopping around for a decent used cars, I've just come to realize that my Odyssey looks almost brand new as your LS400 lol.

I dont know if we should take my 2000 CRV into account, because this thing only has 25k miles on the clock! :wacko: lol

Thanks Denny! :cheers:
Well I guess I'll let it go then :P

Actually the sticker probably looks better (less conspicuous) where it is than stuck to the windshield or back window.

Anyways, once again, your LS is CLEAN....with or without the parking permit attached!!

LOL Thanks again Lex! :D I also thought the sticker looked better (relatively speaking) on the bumper too!

:cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow, the past 12 months and 25,000 miles have flown by. I wash it probably every week or so, but I am not as good about waxing it (maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I am hoping to turn over a new leaf!). I thought the paint was looking a little dull, so I ordered some Poorboys off of Amazon, and I spent the week end shining it up. I couldn't be happier with the results. Looks pretty good for 187k miles; it is aging incredibly gracefully. B)

Wash with DP Xtreme Foam -- foam gun -- Lambswool mitt

Poorboys EX-P Sealant (2 coats)

Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax (2 coats)

Megs Hot Shine on the tires

Invisible glass on the windows

The interior shots of the leather are from a few weeks ago when I did my last leatherique treatment -- this stuff is amazing.

The EXP and Natty's were great to work with. I got a little carried away with the first coat of EXP and put it on too thick, so it took some muscle to get off, and it dusted pretty badly. I learned from that mistake, and the second coat was much lighter, and it was very easy to get it off. I let the EXP sit on the car for 60 minutes before removing it, and I waited about 2 hours in between the first and second coats.

Natty's is the first paste wax I've used (I usually get liquids), and I liked it a lot. The solid paste made it easy to apply light coats. I let the first coat sit on the car for 30 or 45 minutes, and that was a mistake -- it was a little tough to get it off. The second coat, I applied it to the entire car, and I started removing the wax as soon as I finished with the application, and it was so easy to take off. The EXP and Natty's really make the paint look unreal, beautiful shine and the flake is really popping! B) (Yep, I removed the wax out of the crevices after seeing it in these pics! :blushing: )

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg