02 Rx300 Auto Window Problem

Volcano29

Hello everyone, I currently replaced my battery and now my driver side window does not work in AUTO. I can lower it and raise it but not on AUTO mode. Any ideas on how to program the window? I know that in other cars it resets after disconnecting the battery. Thanks

Have you tried just playing around with it? I know it should reset, so try to raise and lower it about 5 times or more, and the system should "relearn" to do AUTO mode. I remember I had something installed in my 4Runner, and the battery was disconnected but none of my AUTO was working! <_< Told the guy at the dealership so they took it back, but on the drive to the shop, the service advisor kept raising and lowering the window till the system "relearned" it. Try that and tell us if it works or not. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a simular problem on my 04 rx350. The windows could not be operated from the drivers console after battery replacement. I dont know how much of this was needed, but here is what I did to restore them

1. All windows are up, and car is running

2. press down driver's control switch that is supposed to control passenger side window, held for 10 seconds

3. lowered passenger side window using passenger side switch

4. pulled up on driver's control switch that is supposed to control passenger side window, held for 10 seconds

5. Raised passenger side window using passenger side switch

After this worked, I repeated 2-5 with all the other windows, turned off car, turned back on and retested, they all work. I dont know how much of this was wasted effort, but some part of it worked, because now all my windows work again.

I do wish that these car companies would pay a little more attention to little snafu's like this. It gives an impression that the product was not rigorously tested. However, I still like the car..overall.

cm