Drivers Seat Leather Scratches

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, just bought a used certified 2001 rx 300 last week and noticed this morning that the drivers seat leather has scratches on the side next to the seat controls area, I took it to the dealer and he said it is not covered under warranty as it is wear and tear, ven though I pointed out that that area was so hard to get to there should be no wear and tear ( no idea why I ddi not notice them before buying).

Anyway My question is is there any way to remove those scratches, i tried lexol today but they r still there.

Also is such a condition really not covered under warranty or was the dealer just lying.

Thanks in advance

:rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Arabian,

Love to hear how your upholstery came out. I have a fairly "distressed" armrest on my RX 300. Looks like the previous owner tried to paint it with something, but the underlying leather doesn't appear to have been treated or conditioned. Now the paint and the leather are cracking and peeling together. I don't know whether or not to have an upholsterer fix, buy a new armrest from Lexus ($200), or try one of these kits, like the one you mentioned above.

DDS