2007 Gs 350 Vibration On Idle

Guys,

Are you experiencing vibrations on the GS when the engine is idling. Plus the engine noise is loud when the GS idles.

I have never experienced either of these symptoms and would suggest taking the car to the dealer ASAP.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guys,

Are you experiencing vibrations on the GS when the engine is idling. Plus the engine noise is loud when the GS idles.

I have never experienced either of these symptoms and would suggest taking the car to the dealer ASAP.

Good luck

Yes, I do experience abviuos vibration on my GS350 AWD at idle. And I spoke about it on this site 5 months ago.

I have made a big fuss about it with my dealer and the Lexus Customer Satisfaction office. They sent a factory representative to investigate the problem..

The representative measured the vibration level and proclaimed that the level is “within the specifications”. I received a letter which states that my car is “normal”. The end of the story!

During this appointment I have checked out 3 different GS350 AWD’s and all of them have had similar level of vibrations. But a GS460 did not have ANY vibrations.

During my conversation with the representative he explained to me that only 6 people complained about this type of vibrations and of cause this is not a substantial number for Lexus to take actions.

What should we do as a community?

Guys,

no to both of those complaints. My GS is smooth and very quiet.

steviej

Steve,

place your hand on the door buttons (or on the wood) and you will fill it.

Iron57

• 1 month later...

hey i just signed up and funny that this is the first post i read....because ive been experiencing the samne problem! i've been to the dealership 3 times already and i went crazy they keep giving me a run around because this is not normal, i mean my car really vibrates im not sure how bad your cars are but mine is just ridiculous...

i got the dealership to admit that its not normal, but they said because the computer says there is no problems and they cant find anything that theres nothing they can do...i mean this is crazy especially since my car is my whole business and i have 50 thousand dollars in parts about to be installed (ill make a post on my car tomorrow, you will all like it ;) heh), but i didnt want to start the installs till i figured this out and unfortunatly i might have to anyway..

• 4 weeks later...

You know you jinxed me... My 2007 GS350 has that vibration. It is pretty minor during normal idle but when its cold and the car is idling high it is pretty obnoxious. But yes if I put my hand where you say to, yes I feel the vibration... Also have a little what sounds to me to be like a glass on glass rattle from the front dash too... Well we shall see..

Also have a little what sounds to me to be like a glass on glass rattle from the front dash too... Well we shall see..

That glass on glass rattle from the front dash is the infamous GS dash board squeak, usually it just gets worst and worst.

• 1 month later...
Also have a little what sounds to me to be like a glass on glass rattle from the front dash too... Well we shall see..

That glass on glass rattle from the front dash is the infamous GS dash board squeak, usually it just gets worst and worst.

I started having this rattling sound when i travel on local roads usually around 35 mph.

I took it to the dealer on the 5th of this month , the service tech drove with me and he heard it.

the dealer said they fixed it by replacing the dash console.

i started having it again last week and took it back and got it fixed last friday.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for now. and hope it doesnt come back

They replace the dash console clips, not the dash console itself. I hate to have them take my whole dash board apart like that, it almost never get put back together as good as the factory did.

• 12 years later...

I know this is an old post but I test drove a 2008 GS350 AWD last night. noticed the vibration in the car sitting at a stop sign, foot on brake and in drive.  Switched to neutral vibration goes away. in park vibration goes away.  this seems like torque convertor to me. 

Any input is appreciated.