Need Your Prayers...

ArmyofOne

Well LOC, As you all know, I consider ALL of you extended family. I have been a Valued Member (I hope) on this site for a long time now. Which is why I have decided to include you in some somewhat crappy news I found out today...

Some time ago (August), I was injured on the job. This injury required a CT Scan of my lower torso. I was at the United States Military Academy at West Point University, so this procedure was not performed by my doctor. This CT Scan revealed a large (softball sized) tumor on my left kidney. It was found completely by accident, had I not had my accidental on-the-job injury...it would have never been found.

The doctor(s) NEVER informed me of this discovery.

Today, I went in for a follow-up on the injury with my doctor...

And when he looked in my medical records and at the CT scan of my injury, He noticed the previous doctor(s) had noted a large tumor on my left kidney and pointed to it on the image with an arrow. He asked if I was ever informed of this and when I said "No", he stated he hadn't been either. My doctor then ordered another CT scan.

The good news is, it hasn't gotten any bigger, and I am exhibiting no symptoms of anything...The bad news is, it might be cancerous.

I wanted to let you all know, because everyone here has been an important part of my life for so long. I notify you as I would my family. I am scheduled to have am ultrasound done, then a biopsy from there, and if nessecary...surgery.

Sorry to hear the news. You got my prayers buddy. Don't know if you want to go down that road, but by not informing the patient or his doctor, the tech and/or the university is probably liable and a legal opinion would give you options on what you action you can take. Good luck with the biopsy. Remember, even if it is cancerous, there are many effective treatments out there today and keeping a positive attitude can't hurt either.

OMG...thats unbelievable that they didn't say anything to you...

My cousin had surgery to remove one of his kidneys with a tumor on it some years ago. A biopsy showed it was cancer...but when they removed it, it wasn't. Apparently thats fairly common with kidney tumors.

We'll all be thinking about you Josh, keep us posted.

I can't beleive they didn't say anything to you! That's just soooo wrong! I just can't imagine that some doctor or medical staff person would be able to live with themselves. Spineless!

On the brighter side, atleast you know about it now, and can do something about it. I hope all goes well for you. We are dealing with cancer in my family as well right now. I truly hope you don't have that to have to deal with.

Oh My.. :( Just pray and have faith (if you have one)! Think positive.

I know of a guy who went in for an MRI because he fell and felt chest pains. Results came back with no injuries BUT tumors (i forget where though) and it was pretty serious stage already. Since you did mention that it hasn't grown (which is a better sign), you may be looking at a much brighter light.

The guy went through chemo and THANK GOD he is responding to it so far. So don't lose hope! We'll all be praying for you...

We greatly appreciate your services to this country and not enough Thank Yous can be exchanged for what you have done for your country and for LOC..

Hope you get better soon