A/c And Heater: No Power

arabian

Hey all. New here. Needed some help on a 2 things.

1. My a/c, heater, and defroster has no power. The backlight is on, but nothing works if buttons are pushed. Also, the icons on the screen are no longer there. I checked the fuse boxes and all fuses are good.

2. Instrument cluster and some stereo button bulbs need to be changed: How can I get to it and where can I find bulbs without going to the "drop-your-pants-and-bend-over" dealership?

Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey all. New here. Needed some help on a 2 things.

1. My a/c, heater, and defroster has no power. The backlight is on, but nothing works if buttons are pushed. Also, the icons on the screen are no longer there. I checked the fuse boxes and all fuses are good.

2. Instrument cluster and some stereo button bulbs need to be changed: How can I get to it and where can I find bulbs without going to the "drop-your-pants-and-bend-over" dealership?

Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome.

Have you had a chance to test the cables connected to your climate control system? This might be a good time to buy or get a good circuit tester. Test each wire to see which one isn't getting any juice. Many of us have wiring diagrams, and should be able to figure out what's wrong with it.

If you don't want to pay the dealer prices for the stereo and instrument panel, check our FAQ section Pinned.

Someone had posted another place where you can get the individual bulbs from, but I don't remember where I saw them. It could be in our Forum or the LS Forum. You should try Radio Shack

1. Check your cigarette lighter and make sure there isn't a coin or something that fell inside. I had that happen to me, my air stopped working and when i took it to the shop, that's what they found in the dash. Quite embarrassing :blushing:

:blushing: Quite embarrassing. There was a penny that fell inside the cigarette lighter.

I pulled it out but still no power / icons on the backlit screen.

Thanks for the heads up shinryuhoshi and jbarhorst2.

I guess it's better to be embarrassed behind the pc monitor than in front of the dealership mechanics. :whistles:

My '98 Jeep Wrangler has a plastic plug/cap that snaps into the cigarette lighter socket. I'll check when I get home tonight to see if it fits the SC400 lighter socket. If it fits you can pick one up or order one from the Jeep dealer.

:)