Press Unlock Once

pearl01rx300

Hello,

When I press the unlock button once, on the factory alarm, the drivers door unlocks only (no audible beeps) and when I open the door the alarm sounds. If I reset everything and lock the car, then press the unlock button once, the drivers door unlocks (no beeps) press the unlock button for the second time, all doors/rear hatch opens and I hear the two beeps. Open the door and everything is OK no alarm sounding. Can some one help?

Hi,

It sound like the alarm is not recognizing when the driver's door lock in the door is unlocked and doesn't deactivate the alarm. As soon as the other doors are unlocked, the alarm is recognizing them and disarms the alarm system.

To check this, leave the window down, lock the car and wait for the alarm to set. Now, while looking at the alarm light, hit the button once and see if the light goes off, then hit it a second time and see if the light goes off then. Should be a pretty easy fix (cost?) if this is the problem since it's already isolated to the driver door's internal switch.

lexasm

Good luck!