Tpms Analysis

It is fairly clear that the top figure in the TPMS list, in my '08 LS460, is the spare. But it must be possible to figure out what order of tires the other four represent. Since the spare is constant, in the first position, the other four are probably constant also. Has anyone figured the order yet?

It is fairly clear that the top figure in the TPMS list, in my '08 LS460, is the spare. But it must be possible to figure out what order of tires the other four represent. Since the spare is constant, in the first position, the other four are probably constant also. Has anyone figured the order yet?

Once you've had the tires/wheels rotated the order disappears. I recently had a low tire and thought the Service Manager could tell me which tire was down based on the display. He told me they don't recode or reassign the positions after rotation, so there's no way to tell which number on the display corresponds to which tire. On a car at this price point that seems silly...

Once you've had the tires/wheels rotated the order disappears. I recently had a low tire and thought the Service Manager could tell me which tire was down based on the display. He told me they don't recode or reassign the positions after rotation, so there's no way to tell which number on the display corresponds to which tire. On a car at this price point that seems silly...

I figured it out on my LS460 after the TPMS warning light went on. I checked the pressure in each tire with a digital gauge and compared it to the dash display while adding air to each tire. Right now, from top to bottom, mine are Spare, LF, LR, RF, RR. Easy to figure out, just takes a little time.

• 2 months later...

I have a BMW 760Li and they place the car and the tire's pressures by the tire so you know exactly which tire has what pressure. It is unbelievalbe that and LS460 does not tell you with pressure is for what tire. What are the Lexus programers doing? Are they stupid? They should at least place LF, RF, LR, and LL besides the number. I is incredible they can make a car like this and be so stupid not to label the pressure number with the corresponding tire. I think it is Spare, LF, LR, RF, RR, from top to bottom, but a label should be shown besides the number. Lexus programmers are stupid!!!

Dr. Cantu