Newbie Needs Some Guidance

msmiz

I want to buy a new ES350 not used. This will be my first time buying a new car and first just want to go and look and check things out, but not buy that same day because I don't want that pressure. I want to make sure I handle it right and want to know what advice you can give me inmy first vist. Also what should I be paying for a new 2008 . Will I be left to just choose from what they have left on their lots with whatever pacakges are already in them? Is it worth it to even consider a 2009? Could I get a comparable or close deal for one at this time? Also I don't want to do a test drive and have them run my credit behind my back I heard they do this (is that true?). Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

I want to buy a new ES350 not used. This will be my first time buying a new car and first just want to go and look and check things out, but not buy that same day because I don't want that pressure. I want to make sure I handle it right and want to know what advice you can give me inmy first vist. Also what should I be paying for a new 2008 . Will I be left to just choose from what they have left on their lots with whatever pacakges are already in them? Is it worth it to even consider a 2009? Could I get a comparable or close deal for one at this time? Also I don't want to do a test drive and have them run my credit behind my back I heard they do this (is that true?). Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

I wanted to add I want it with Navigation.

Thanks

You will definitely be able to save some money by purchasing an '08 vs. '09. The dealership can NOT pull your credit unless you pre-authorize them to do so. If they do run your credit without your approval, then they are breaking the law!

Do your homework before you go to the dealership. There are several dealerships in the DC metro area to choose from, make sure you do your homework on your choices. Some dealerships are better than others. Also, make sure you meet the service stafff and ask about their loaner car program. One of the benefits of purchasing the Lexus brand is the loaner program; however, not all dealerships have the same loaner policies.

Don't be pressured into buying a car. Take your time, asks lots of questions and be willing to WALK AWAY if they are not willing to offer you the deal you want (within reason).

Good luck and post some pics once you make the purchase.