Need Help Replacing A 100a Fuse

Newbie here,,,,,,Ok, so i am helping my neighbor work on his 1993 GS 300. The car has a good battery. There are no lights on the dash, gauges are not moving when attempting to turn over the car. So I checked the fuses and it appears there is a blown 100A fuse. I have never worked on a Lexus so I am unfamilar with replacing the fuses. Can someone direct me how to remove the 100a fuse in the fuse box (located in the engine compartment)? Thanks

Newbie here,,,,,,Ok, so i am helping my neighbor work on his 1993 GS 300. The car has a good battery. There are no lights on the dash, gauges are not moving when attempting to turn over the car. So I checked the fuses and it appears there is a blown 100A fuse. I have never worked on a Lexus so I am unfamilar with replacing the fuses. Can someone direct me how to remove the 100a fuse in the fuse box (located in the engine compartment)? Thanks

i removed some of these awhile ago. i assume you mean the black ones under the hood in the fuse box? if i recall right they just pull straight out! least they do on my 2001 im fairly certain

brian

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto these other guys.

The bigger bus fuses ARE SCREWED IN....

You have to remove fuse box from casing to remove screws first.

My fuse box did NOT want to come out of the casing. Took me like 30-40 mins to get the sucker out. I removed the entire box off it's mounts and also removed the other tight fitting wire leads. Depressed the plastic dog-ears holding it in the case and it RE-FUSED (no pun...maybe some) to come out. Must have been settled in for so long that I almost had to break the casing from around the fuse box. Finally with much INFLUENCE I got the thing out and was able to remove the p-leads that are screwed into the bottom of those blasted bus fuses that hold them in so well. After removing the old busted bus fuses that had ring connectors and were "screwed-in". I replaced them using the after-market opened-ended ones which won't require all that crap I had to go through the first time.