Blinking A/c Light

hoho223

2005 ES330, 78K miles. The A/C off/on button has a light that indicates activation. This light has started to blink and then the A/C shuts off. The A/C restarts after I turn it off and then on. It has been wet and rainy recently (Northeast) and the start of the problem coincided with this weather. Is this belt slippage or a bigger proble? Any ideas out there? Thanks..

2005 ES330, 78K miles. The A/C off/on button has a light that indicates activation. This light has started to blink and then the A/C shuts off. The A/C restarts after I turn it off and then on. It has been wet and rainy recently (Northeast) and the start of the problem coincided with this weather. Is this belt slippage or a bigger proble? Any ideas out there? Thanks..

well let me say something here. When it rained up here in wisconsin nonstop for 2weeks, i was out having fun in all the puddles which were everywhere flooding the streets. I drove into a big puddle and the a/c light started blinking. maybe a belt was slipping, you could be right. thats what happened to me, i wonder if your a/c needs to be recharged?

Make sure you have the latest Magnetic Clutch Relay. This is also the solution if your AC works intermittently and the light flashes sometimes.

Old relay part #: 90987-02022

New relay part #: 90987-02028

Reference: TSB EL009-05 A/C - Inoperative/A/C Light Flashing

The relay is located in the fuse box under the hood. The part # is printed on the side of the relay. If yours has the old part number, just replace it with a new one. 5 minute fix. A new relay costs ~$60.

• 2 weeks later...
Make sure you have the latest Magnetic Clutch Relay. This is also the solution if your AC works intermittently and the light flashes sometimes.

The relay is located in the fuse box under the hood. The part # is printed on the side of the relay. If yours has the old part number, just replace it with a new one. 5 minute fix. A new relay costs ~$60.

Thanks for your help. I'll check it out.

• 4 months later...

This website saved me hundreds of dollars from the dealer. After I read this site I switched relays with the identical relay that controlled the dome light. I then found a relay at Carquest for $30 and actually ended up pulling one from the junkyard off of a 2003 Toyota Highlander for $5. The A/C does not blink and everything works fine! Thanks Kashi125 for your valuable knowledge!

Bryan- Alabama