Looking For Rx400h Seat Covers

Hello!

I recently purchased a RX400h and I absolutely love it!!! Never thought that I could love anything other than a German engineered vehicle!!! Well, it is also my first light colored interior... My jeans have managed to rub off on my seats. The bottom part of the seat has come clean, but I am still working on the back. :-( Does anybody have a suggestion for cleaning the leather as well as seat covers that look nice. I've found some, but they are all a bit tacky. I love my car too much to have ugly seat covers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I use a vegatable brush with leather cleaner and a cotton towel. That combination seems to clean everthing left from jeans/pants, sliding on the leather.

Dave

Ever considered buying different brands of jeans? No, seriously ...

I did own several Lexus cars all with ivory leather for the past ten years. I used to wear (major brand) jeans almost all the time, some of them really dark colored and they never ever did rubb off.

I suggest using a microfiber cloth and very little water to remove the problem.

"Ever considered buying different brands of jeans? No, seriously ..."

My thoughts exactly. I have the light ivory leather seats and have never seen any stains from any of the jeans or other clothes I wear. I think it is more of a "jean" problem if they are bleeding out colors.

Simply sitting where others have sat would do the same, IMO. For example, sitting on a park bench, a cafeteria table, or even a bleacher seat can allow your pants to transfer stuff. I wouldn't be too quick to blame it on your Levis.

Simply sitting where others have sat would do the same, IMO. For example, sitting on a park bench, a cafeteria table, or even a bleacher seat can allow your pants to transfer stuff. I wouldn't be too quick to blame it on your Levis.

. . . or, you could simply solve the problem like me. Drive in the buff! :D

That might create it's own set of problems :P

on a more serious note, WELCOME to the group ChrisRX400h.

We use this:

http://www.equishopper.com/p-4401-moss-goa...addle-soap.aspx

because the better half is way sensitive to the chemicle fragrence stench added to most cleaners/conditioners.

Ever considered buying different brands of jeans? No, seriously ...

I did own several Lexus cars all with ivory leather for the past ten years. I used to wear (major brand) jeans almost all the time, some of them really dark colored and they never ever did rubb off.

I suggest using a microfiber cloth and very little water to remove the problem.

I actually put it all together and figured out that it was because my jeans were slightly damp... I had line dried them and the pockets were still a little damp... Didn't bother me wearing them, but obvioulsy did a number on my seat... Just to stick up for my jeans, they are not el cheepos... Sorry, had to ad that in! :-) Anyway, thank you for all the suggestions... I am definately going to try the ones that I haven't tried already, and I am always going to make sure that my jeans are dry before I get in my car... Confucius say wet jeans leads to blue seats... Thank you for all the help!

Safe Lexus driving!

. . . or, you could simply solve the problem like me. Drive in the buff! :D

That might create it's own set of problems :P

on a more serious note, WELCOME to the group ChrisRX400h.

We use this:

http://www.equishopper.com/p-4401-moss-goa...addle-soap.aspx

because the better half is way sensitive to the chemicle fragrence stench added to most cleaners/conditioners.

Yes, yes, yes... Driving in the buff would solve one problem, but produce a whole new set of other problems... Think that I might give the saddle soap a try, seems a little more legal and would probably cause less havoc! Thank you for the help!