Removing Fuse Cover

dave t

I really feel dumb, but I hate to just start applying brute force to plastic panels. On an '08 ES, how do you remove the fuse panel cover on the driver's side?

Thanks,

Dave T

I went by the dealer today. They just apply brute force. If you pull hard enough on a tab on the front of the cover it comes off. Now that I have seen it, there seems that there is a slot where you can insert a screwdriver to release the catch. The fuse box is located were you need be a contortionist to see it. If you get the cover off, just leave it off. The fuses are a new style and are hard to find in the auto parts stores. (I did find that if you pull a particular 10A fuse the keyless start system is inoperative.) There are a few unused fuse slots in the panel which receive power and can be used for such things as a radar detector.

Dave T

• 3 years later...

I agree with you on all counts, Dave. I have found that Lexus/Toyota vehicles have covers that are difficult to remove. There are no visible clues and the owner's manuals say nothing about techniques or methods. (One time I ended up with a huge repair bill on my Avalon.) Getting under the dash to even see the fuse panel is an acrobatic feat. Next time I try I will bring a screwdriver and look for the slot you mentioned. Thanks.