Tire Treatments

In the past I used the silicone tire treatments that gave it that great shiny wet look, but quickly became disenchanted with the mess it leaves and the whip off all over the side of the car, and not to mention that it never lasted very long. So I looked around some and started using Zaino's Z16 tire treatment. I really like the fact that it isn't overly shiny, and seems to be more of a water base treatment and does last a good while. But I'm about to run out, and seeing as how I don't use the Zaino line anymore, I really didn't want to just order that 1 product from them. I was going to try some of the Griot's stuff they have, but I started thinking that alot of people here probably have the same issues and may have found some other products that work really well also. I'm looking for something that lasts a good amount of time especially because we have alot of rain here in Florida. So it can quickly be washed away before the car ever needs to be detailed again. I like the shine, but even a satin or natural would be good also. So, what are you using and how do you like it?

Armor all tire stuff is good.

If you want a really really intense shine Black Magic Titanium stuff is pretty nice.

I am a big fan of the deep black water based dressings.

I use Black Magic Tire Wet, and I'm very pleased with it. It doesn't sling all over the car, and I can still see gloss a week after spraying the tires which works out well for me since I give the car a quick wash and vac every week. It hasn't rained in a very long time, so I can't recall what effect it has on the Black Magic. I also like that you can adjust the width of the spray by rotating the nozzle.

I'm not a fan of the glossy wet shine look. I like a natural satin finish. I use Michelin Tire Shine. It cleans, protects, lasts a long time and doesn't mess up the rims. Only problem is it's hard to find. Here's a blurb from their site:

There's more to Michelin™ 3-in-1 Tire Shine than just a rich, natural-looking shine. It's been specially formulated to rejuvenate tires and shield them from harmful ultraviolet light and ground-level ozone. Best of all, since Michelin 3-in-1 Tire Shine contains no harsh petroleum distillates or paraffinic hydrocarbons, it's safe for all brands of tires and can also be used to polish and protect rubber and vinyl trim, such as weather stripping and dashboards.

http://www.michelinman.ca/care/tirecarepro...ource=careindex

PS - Although they suggest it can be used on the dash, I don't use anything on the dash except a damp cloth.

Zaino z-16 ---I used to use armor all for years tried others., Black MAgic, bunch others....... Really Like the Z---more matte finish than ultra wet... lasts better than the armorall IMO

Ok, I've been thinking about this. I already have the Zaino Z-16 and Armour all. I can easliy get the Ultima tire stuff and one other and then I'll do a comparison test. Each tire will get a different treatment. I'll post pics of each before and after applications, and then I will do follow up reports on how long they kept the tire looking like that. We'll use a scale of 1-10. 10 being just applied, and 1 being the product is no longer visable on the tire. I'll also measure any whip off and side effects. Is there anything else I should keep a track of? and what should the 4th product be? Maybe a popular silicone based one that claims longer life?

• 5 months later...

I just finished up a bottle of Sonus Tire, and did not like it. Too shiny, and slung like crazy. Not to mention, it was $10+ for only 8oz.

Adam's VRT is great for a water-based, satin finish, but it is a little pricy too. However, very versatile. It' s a lotion-like consistancy too, so very easy to use.

Poorboys Bold n' Bright is nice and water-based as well. It's a very liquid like consistancy, and can get messy. More on the shiny side though.