Screws Engine Cover

mairella

Hello all!

2000 ES Platinum. I need to know what type of screws can I use to keep the cover to the engine one? I know that the Lexus symbol snaps down in place, but there are 3 holes where, I guess, screws are suppose to go. (I took the car for the engine warranty repair - and never realized that they didn't put the screws on) So when I drive, I think air gets up in the engine and rattles the cover. Any helps would be great! BTW, with the engine warranty work, it still sludges, when I removed the cover there was lots of sludge on the outside of the engine... :( I love my lexie it has 193k miles on it!

Thanks everyone!

If I were you, I'd take it back to the dealership where you got the work done and point out to the service manager that they didn't put the engine cover screws back on. They should be the ones to remedy the problem. If you're polite about it, they'll probably find you some screws to fit, even if they aren't the ones that were originally in there.

On my 2001 ES300, the engine cover is held on by the turning Lexus emblem and three cylindrical fasteners. The three fasteners are threaded in one end and have a female hex in the other end. I do not think that a standard nut will fit in the recess in the engine cover; you may need to get the fasteners from a Lexus dealer.