Would $32k Allow Me A Certified Awd Gs?

Hey guys, I need advice from the guys in the know. I'm helping my dad narrow down on a car, and I love the GS300/GS350 AWD. He likes the idea, but doesn't think he can get one in his budget. What level of GS3XX AWD can you get for $32k - also he wants certified. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

-Evan

I think it is most definately possible. It all depends on what he wants inside, for example if he can do without ML and Navi it is very do-able.

There is only one way to find out......go to your local Lexus dealer and start asking.

steviej

certified?

That means you'd be buying from a official Lexus dealership - that spikes the price a bit. You may be able to, but get ready to play hard ball.

Remember that the economy sucks and you're dad is actually in control. As long as they know you're committed, they'll probably meet your price demands when invoice time comes around and they still have this inventory they can't move.

• 1 month later...

No doubt for an 06 GS300 that is doable actually you should be in I would think the 29-30K range. Just went looking this weekend and saw a 06 GS300 with 38K miles for 32,997 list so yes.

GS350 if you find one with about 35K miles and no ML, NAV, or rain wipers... With some hard nose negotiating and depending on how they got the vehicle (trade or auction) you may get into the 34-35 rangeish... But again depends on what they have into the car. Every car is different. The dealer told me that the certification and 100K warranty was about $995 of the price of the car. A small price to pay for 60K more miles under warranty.. Especially if you are buying an off lease auction car...

No doubt for an 06 GS300 that is doable actually you should be in I would think the 29-30K range. Just went looking this weekend and saw a 06 GS300 with 38K miles for 32,997 list so yes.

GS350 if you find one with about 35K miles and no ML, NAV, or rain wipers... With some hard nose negotiating and depending on how they got the vehicle (trade or auction) you may get into the 34-35 rangeish... But again depends on what they have into the car. Every car is different. The dealer told me that the certification and 100K warranty was about $995 of the price of the car. A small price to pay for 60K more miles under warranty.. Especially if you are buying an off lease auction car...

In may '08 i got an '06 GS 300 awd with everything except radar cruise and park sensors. 20k miles, showroom condition. I probably overpaid - $35,500.

Now it rattles more than a rental hyundai, (of course it was dead silent on the extensive test drive) and I'm going try once again to get a dealer to fix it next weekend.

If you are going to get the GS300/GS350 AWD you better get it certified!

I heard really bad things about how it needs to be serviced quite often because it comes out of alignment. I'm not considering an 06+ AWD GS.

the current gen GS is a gorgeous but deeply flawed machine. It should ride smoother, have no rattles/squeeks, have better steering, and be faster (the 300 anyway). Also, around town, my mileage has been 16.5 lately, and that's with a gs300. I may as well have a gs460.

Also, around town, my mileage has been 16.5 lately, and that's with a gs300. I may as well have a gs460.

With my GS 300, I get between 24 and 25 MPG in the city. During the winter it will drop to between 20 and 21 MPG. Last time I filled it up, the computer said that I had 434 miles remaining on my tank of gas.

Sorry...that was off post.....to get back on track....I purchased mine in July of 2007. It had 12,500 miles on it and I paid just over $38k. So if you can find one with 30,000 miles or more on it, I would be willing to bet you can find one for $32k or under. I would certainly recommend the CPO program. They bump your warranty to 100k miles on the car. Not a bumper to bumper, mind you, but it is nice piece of mind.

--Duckman

the current gen GS is a gorgeous but deeply flawed machine. It should ride smoother, have no rattles/squeeks, have better steering, and be faster (the 300 anyway).

I would not go as far as calling the 3GS flawed, but its quality and performance does not live up to the pass Lexus standards. The rattles is a major problem in the 3GS design, my 95 Accord use to rattles less than my $50K Lexus. The other issue I have is the suspension, a car that rides as stiff as the GS should handle much better or a car that handles about avergae like the GS should have a softer ride. Take your pick, but somehow Lexus manage to design a stiff suspension that doesnt handle well.

the current gen GS is a gorgeous but deeply flawed machine. It should ride smoother, have no rattles/squeeks, have better steering, and be faster (the 300 anyway).

I would not go as far as calling the 3GS flawed, but its quality and performance does not live up to the pass Lexus standards. The rattles is a major problem in the 3GS design, my 95 Accord use to rattles less than my $50K Lexus. The other issue I have is the suspension, a car that rides as stiff as the GS should handle much better or a car that handles about avergae like the GS should have a softer ride. Take your pick, but somehow Lexus manage to design a stiff suspension that doesnt handle well.

Having put over 1200 miles on the vehicle in just a few weeks your points are exactly true!!! But I can get used to the ride and I have the extended warranty with 70,000 more miles to get the rattles fixed... I brought it used I feel bad for the owners that brought new. The first 350s feel more like a Toyota Avalon then a Lexus...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a GS350, 2007, in excellent condition, with 33,500 miles on it, smoky granite exterior with black leather interior, mark levinson system, and would sell it to your Dad for $30k but we would have to ship it out to you at your cost. Let me know, I am the original owner. My email is dpapes@yahoo.com. Thanks...Dan (PS-- it's still in warranty!!)