Hid Advice Needed...

It is to my understanding that 8000K HIDs are bright white with a hint of blue... and 12000K are bright white with a hint of purple.

I want to change my HIDs that I got with my GS300. I'm not sure what kind they are but I'm guessing, they are 4000K...

Now the question is.... is it safe to change them into 8000K or 12000K to match the COOL WHITE L.E.D.S. I have as parking lights? If so... how hard is the install??

Thats way off.

As you can see below, 4700k Is the Most and Brightest HID you will get. Anything above that range is Simply for looks.

No other reason... I would get between 4700k and 6000k Being the Highest I would go. btw k =Kelvin

hid-temperature.jpg

Here is another chart showing Colors related to k.

1147939027607_temperature_color_chart.jpg

You really need to understand light and what color temps are put out depending on the K level.

Like I said, between 4700k and 6000k should be best, but 6000k Is even losing Light output compared to the lower 5000k range.

If you really want the Look and not performance then it's your choice.

Here are a few other charts.

output.jpg

hid-chart.jpg

If you really want to learn about this stuff, read this a few times!

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1768060&page=1

Wow... Thank You Very Much..

I never really looked into HIDs before... Well, I reside in Vegas, I think there are enough lights to help me through, therefore, i might go for the looks on this one...LOL... 8000K it is....

But, how about the install?? Hard? Manageable? Should I take it to a professional???

Wow... Thank You Very Much..

I never really looked into HIDs before... Well, I reside in Vegas, I think there are enough lights to help me through, therefore, i might go for the looks on this one...LOL... 8000K it is....

But, how about the install?? Hard? Manageable? Should I take it to a professional???

If you're getting aftermarket bulbs most 8000k bulbs are fairly blue'ish... like smurfvision everywhere...

Installation is very simple... its just a tight space to work in and don't touch the bulbs with your bare hands...