Problem With Nav Update

narc

I have a 2002 Lexus SC430 with the original DVD Nav disc Ver 2.1, some one on this site sent me a PM, that they had an update disc for sale ver 7.1, I agreed paid them and I received the DVD copy (non-OEM), I installed the DVD and now I am getting an error with message "incorrect program disc" "please install correct program disc" messages.... I contacted the seller and now he is saying that I needed a ver 4.1 or 5.1 before installing the 7.1.... The original 2.1 version does not work, I read that I cannot return to the original settings without having the dealer reset the system....

Can anyone help me ...thanks

Your gen2 system (like many others) has a weak laser and has difficulty reading a backup. I'm sorry to say but you can upgrade directly from version 2.1 to version 7.1, so you may want to get back to the seller.

You can return to version 2.1 by pulling the fuse for your navigation system (check owner's manual or fuse sheet) for 3 minutes with no disc in the drive, and then inserting the old disc. The software should load. If you can't find the fuse, you can pull the negative terminal cable to the battery for 3 minutes and then load the disc, but you may have to reprogram your stations and other memory settings if present.

Good luck!