Tire Pressure Warning Lamp

I am looking to purchase a set of winter snow tires for my 2006 GS300 AWD on separate rims. I have been told that if I do not purchase sensors for the rims, my tire pressure warning lamp will remain on. The Lexus dealer can check if sensors will fit the rims once I make a selection. Price of the sensors is approximately $400.00

I can purchase winter tires plus good used rims for about $1,000 versus the dealer winter package of just over $3,000.

Is there any method to prevent the tire pressure warning lamp coming on throughout the winter?

Thank you.

I am looking to purchase a set of winter snow tires for my 2006 GS300 AWD on separate rims. I have been told that if I do not purchase sensors for the rims, my tire pressure warning lamp will remain on. The Lexus dealer can check if sensors will fit the rims once I make a selection. Price of the sensors is approximately $400.00

I can purchase winter tires plus good used rims for about $1,000 versus the dealer winter package of just over $3,000.

Consult TireRack.com.

For the price range you desire, they can set you up with a set of winter tires, rims and the exact senors (Pacific brand) that Lexus uses. You will have to get a Lexus or Toyota dealership to program in the second set of sensors to your car's computer. TireRack will provide you with the needed code for each sensor on paper. (Since the sensor will be inside your tire, it will be hard for the tech to get the code off of each sensor.) You will be able to get a very good price.

Is there any method to prevent the tire pressure warning lamp coming on throughout the winter?

a little piece of black electrical tape works well to hide the TPMS sensor warning light if your wheels do not have sensors installed. :rolleyes:

steviej