New Nav Dvd

Dr.Gee

As he has a gen4 system, he won't be able to make a hybrid disc with a 7.1 disc. The best he could use would be a 6.1/5.1 hybrid.

Yes you can, you use version 4.2 GEN 4 and these files INDEXDAT.KWI, LOADING.KWI, 05.CMP and IDX folder files

then add the rest from the latest version.

Yes you can, you use version 4.2 GEN 4 and these files INDEXDAT.KWI, LOADING.KWI, 05.CMP and IDX folder files

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364641

The link is the second thread you posted. The original poster didn't fully test the system out, and he only saw the new map data and never tried to fully enter in a destination. A 7.1/4.2 disc won't let you navigate anywhere, which defeats the purpose.

Read the thread to the last page where others test it out and find the fault, which the OP admits to as well.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364641

The link is the second thread you posted. The original poster didn't fully test the system out, and he only saw the new map data and never tried to fully enter in a destination. A 7.1/4.2 disc won't let you navigate anywhere, which defeats the purpose.

Read the thread to the last page where others test it out and find the fault, which the OP admits to as well.

I realize that, I'm saying it worked for me in my wifes 06 SC430. I will check the files but the last disc I burned was v7.1 not v6.1. Either way my apologies.

• 2 weeks later...
As he has a gen4 system, he won't be able to make a hybrid disc with a 7.1 disc. The best he could use would be a 6.1/5.1 hybrid.

Hi

I have a 2004 GX-470, My NAV software version is 3.1

I tried ejecting my DVD and observed that there was no DVD in the drive.

The NAV system is working but needs a upgrade.

-Is there a special procedure to eject DVD?

-Does NAV system work without DVD in the drive?

What version would be compatible with my system ?

Any help about how to do the upgrade would be welcome.

Thx

I am looking for more information on how to upgrade NAV on 2004 GX-470, My NAV software version is 3.1

I need info about what version I should upgrade to? Can I purchase it over Ebay?

Any specific instructions that I need to follow?

thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
Just purchased a 2005 GX. If I upgrade the Nav software, will that improve the screen resolution? I was in a 2008 RX today and the maps are much crisper than the '05. Thoughts?

No dice. The better graphics is from the higher resolution screen found on the generation 5 systems. The screen in your gen4 system is incapable of produching those high resolution pictures.

Just purchased a 2005 GX. If I upgrade the Nav software, will that improve the screen resolution? I was in a 2008 RX today and the maps are much crisper than the '05. Thoughts?

No dice. The better graphics is from the higher resolution screen found on the generation 5 systems. The screen in your gen4 system is incapable of produching those high resolution pictures.

Thanks much for the response; greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

I have this beautifull car but i need update muy DVD navigation MAP

can some one help me with that, I have the old version 1.0 with Gen 2/3.

I know there is one DVD now with version 8.1.

I would like to download it from somewhere

Can anyone help me please.

thanks

Hello everyone

I have this beautifull car but i need update muy DVD navigation MAP

can some one help me with that, I have the old version 1.0 with Gen 2/3.

I know there is one DVD now with version 8.1.

I would like to download it from somewhere

Can anyone help me please.

thanks

That would be illegal...pretty sure you will not find help here on that.