Cd Changer Fails To Eject Disc

I have a disc stuck in my '06 RX400h 6-CD Changer. The disc will not eject and the control screen shows "Error 3" if I try to play the disc. There are no other disc's in the changer. A dealer said I would have to replace the entire stereo system. Any comments or suggestions?

Could the label be causing the jam? I'd take it to a reputable car audio place and ask them if they can do it. My guess is that they've seen it before and have some tricks up their sleeve(s).

Dave

I have a disc stuck in my '06 RX400h 6-CD Changer. The disc will not eject and the control screen shows "Error 3" if I try to play the disc. There are no other disc's in the changer. A dealer said I would have to replace the entire stereo system. Any comments or suggestions?

Exact same scenario happened to me. Heard same from dealer. My 400h was under 50k, so under warranty; and therefore let em have at it. Didn't cost me a cent and took less than a day to do. It may be same for you. So you could get a new stereo for free. I doubt a second opinion will be free.

Replace the entire system? What could possily be broken beyond repair?

Lexus will replace the component and send it out for repair, Then use the repaired component for the next customer with problems.

This is not likely to be a difficult or expensive repair, if you are not in warranty. Go to a Best Buy installation department (behind the store) and ask the lead technician. I did this for a broken Porsche unit and had it repaired for $40 by a tech moonlighting.

Tom

Lexus will replace the component and send it out for repair, Then use the repaired component for the next customer with problems.

First . . . . WELCOME to the group ! ! :cheers:

soooo .... there you are, at the dealer ... 48K mile minimum warranty ... dealer says it'll be replaced. And why is it you left without having them replace it?

We had the MFD replaced on our other car. It was 'rebuilt' ... they took the old one out be sent off for re-solder, and the swap out took less than an hour. Heck, I've taken the radio out of our 400h just to put the bluetooth over-ride 'lockpick' in. A shloemoe like me was able to get the radio out and back in, in less than an hour. So it's no big deal.