2010 Rx

Hey guys. I do not have much information on the upcoming RX but here's something to ponder about.

The 3rd generation RX is due to roll out around late 2009. It will be bigger than the current RX350 but smaller than the GX. It is said to look a little more "masculine". I currently do not have any pics of it, nor the engine information as to whether it's a 3.5L engine, or bigger. Not sure but if anyone hears anything, feel free to post it here.

I'll keep you guys updated when I hear something. ;)

That picture seems like a photoshopped RX350. We'll see. My sales guy said it would look more "masculine" (meaner? bulkier? square?) and I would think that Lexus would upgrade the displacement of the engine too (not just a tranny upgrade), but I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Here are some pictures from a Japanese brochure showing the interior. Wonder if the style will carry over to the U.S....

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2008/10/all...os_le.html#more

Yeah, the right side driver would be a very bold move.

I do not like that near as much as I like the current RX, especially the interior.

Does anyone have an idea if they are going to continue the Pebble Beach edition in the 2010 RX? I am in love with the Truffle Mica color, I plan to purchase one in June but if it is to continue I may wait.

Looks too similar to the 2nd Gen Rx.. They didn't do much work on that blindspot issue on the sides. <_< Front came from a mix of an ES and IS, interior resembles the slope in the Acuras, and the iDrive obviously came from BMW lol..

Plus they're keeping it as an RX350? I would have thought that they would upgrade the displacement of the engines, but it's still about a year away before this bad boy's released so we'll see what Lexus will really decide to do with the 3rd Gen RX. :rolleyes:

Looks too similar to the 2nd Gen Rx.. They didn't do much work on that blindspot issue on the sides. <_< Front came from a mix of an ES and IS, interior resembles the slope in the Acuras, and the iDrive obviously came from BMW lol..

Plus they're keeping it as an RX350? I would have thought that they would upgrade the displacement of the engines, but it's still about a year away before this bad boy's released so we'll see what Lexus will really decide to do with the 3rd Gen RX. :rolleyes:

My understanding the new model is coming out Feb 2009.

My understanding the new model is coming out Feb 2009.

Exactly, it is coming out Feb 2009, and the hybrid a few months after that.

A bigger engine? No way... why? To go even faster from one stoplight to the other? I was hoping for a smaller engine, the 2.5 they offer in Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

As competition demands and to entice consumers to buy a new RX again, a newer, slightly bigger (does not have to be significant like make the gas engine model a 4.0L) and more efficient engine. Remember when they re-designed for the 2nd Gen RX, they improved the engine (power-wise, efficiency not too much but it kept the same mileage at least with the bigger engine) raising it from the 300 (3.0L) to the 330 (3.3L, now we're at 3.5L on the RX350)...

Just food for thought.. :P