2010 Gx

denslexusgx470

First off, I'm not sure what the engine of the new GX will be. We all presume it would get the new 5.7L engine, but there have been rumors that they might downgrade the engine to a 4.6L so we will have to see. All I've heard was that the GX is due for a 2nd generation (well 4th generation for asian countries as the LC Prado is the same as the GX and they are on their 3rd Generation with the GX470 design) look sometime late 2009.

Sorry I do not have any new pics of it YET, neither any details of the changes they plan on making, but I'll keep you all updated when I hear more about it. ;) Feel free to post if you guys hear of any information. :)

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just heard some info on the 2011 GX. Here is the news, still to be confirmed. Could be also rumour. This was what was told by the toyota guys. The post is from another forum.

Here are the specs from the 2/11/09 announcement - "Not to be forgotten at the Chicago auto show is Toyota's new 4.6L V-8 engine. With 310 hp and 327 lb-ft of torque, the new V-8 will offer more bang for the buck and is expected to deliver a fuel economy of 15 city/20 highway. Both the new 4.6L V-8 and the 5.7L V-8 will be linked with a six-speed automatic transmission."

Navi - Gen 6.. Not sure what's new with it. Probably will have the "mouse" like interface that is being introduced in '10 RX

Rims - 19 and 20 inch options.. 18 standard

3rd row - one touch fold flat into floor

cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been emailing the internet sales department of my dealer and they've told me today that there is an allocation of the 2010 GX which is scheduled to show up at their location for sale in September. They don't know anything else about the car at this point either. Hope this is helpful.

• 1 month later...
New Lexus GX SUV Due This Fall.

Ward's auto

Funny. I just talked to as Lexus sales guy the other day and he said that they pushed it back to 2010 for the new redesign to come out. Still remains to be seen I guess :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

more pictures that show what may be coming for GX

www.drivearabia.com/news/2009/06/29/2010-toyota-prado-real-photo-uae/comment-page-1/

In a google search I saw one picture showing a Lexus front end that looks very much like these pictures.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got this information emailed to me by my dealer:

Lexus will release a all-new 2010 GX 460 in late December or early January. Complete or finalized details have yet to be disclosed. Below you'll see preliminary info just in from the factory. If you would like to be included in my short list of individuals to be notified of changes and arrivals, let me know.

Late Breaking News Release:

The All-New 2010 GX 460 comes with a new 4.6L engine and more power (301 hp; 329 lb-ft torque). The new

six-speed automatic transmission also helps provide 13% better MPG than the previous GX, making it

the best-in-class V8 fuel economy and competitive with some six-cylinder models. In addition to this

progressive engine, the GX also brings with it some exciting new features all of which are standard for

the base model:

Power fold-flat third row

10 airbags (best-in-class)

Second row seatbelt pretensioners

Heated/Ventilated front seats (first in class)

Rear back-up camera with standard 4.2” screen (does not require Navigation)

Integrated XM® Radio (90-day trial included), Bluetooth Multi-Media, and iPod-USB/MP3 Auxillary

Active front headrests

Significantly upgraded nine speaker audio

Electronic transfer case

Larger 18” wheels

Smart Access

Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System

Safety Connect™ (Complimentary one-year trial subscription.)

The GX is the “right-sized” and most compact (in length) SUV in its segment. The exterior reflects the

new L-finesse design aesthetic. The exterior also demonstrates some new key convenience and styling

features such as the flip-open rear glass hatch (for easier access to the cargo area), integrated rear door

handle, and new standard rear spoiler with hidden wiper. The GX color palette is also completely

revamped and includes two all-new exterior colors, Knight’s Armor (gray) and Claret Mica, and three

interior colors, Ecru, black, and Sepia (brand new brown).

The 2010 GX interior not only has the new standard power fold-flat third row, but access to the third row

has been made easier via the tilting and sliding 40/20/40 split second row seat. A new center console

design offers the driver more storage and functionality including easy to reach iPod and 12-volt outlets.

While the GX base model comes full of standard luxury amenities, Lexus has also developed a

“Premium” model which adds semi-aniline leather, HID with AFS, heated wood steering wheel, heated

second row outboard seats, power electrochromic exterior side mirrors with power retract, headlamp

cleaners, rear A/C, illuminated front scuff plates, rear air suspension, auto leveler, adaptive variable

suspension, and color keyed body side molding.

GX Pricing:

The 2010 GX will maintain a competitive value position versus the competition.e MSRP Premium Model

BASE MSRP GX 460 $51,970

PREMIUM BASE MSRP GX 460 $56,765

Competitive V8s

BASE BMW X5 4.8L $56,200

BASE MB GL450 $60,950

BASE Audi Q7 4.2L $61,000

Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™

Lexus’ New On-Board Communication System – An Extensive Advanced-Technology Offering

Two New Telematics Systems Standard on MY10 GX 460:

• Lexus Enform with Safety Connect. ¯ Standard on NAV vehicles

• Safety Connect ¯ Standard on non-NAV vehicles

• One-year complimentary trial subscriptions included with every new appropriately equipped vehicle purchase

Safety Connect is our all-new on-board safety and security service. Embedded cellular and GPS

technology help connect drivers to the 24/7 response center in case of a collision, breakdown, or other

emergency on the road. Safety Connect provides four key features:

• Automatic Collision Notification

• Stolen Vehicle Location

• Emergency Assistance (SOS)

• Enhanced Roadside Assistance (which adds GPS data to the already included warranty-based Lexus

roadside service)

Lexus Enform with Safety Connect provides drivers a suite of convenience and information features and

can help lend security and expediency on the road. The system includes:

• All Safety Connect services (above)

• eDestination, which allows users, via LexusDrivers.com, to search for and save their preferred destinations in

online folders then wirelessly send them—up to 200 at a time—to their vehicle.

• Destination Assist, which allows users to call the 24/7 response center from their vehicle to request

assistance finding destinations while on the road. Coordinates are wirelessly sent to the vehicle’s navigation

system for easy route guidance.

Expanded standard (on NAV) XM® services include:

• XM NavTraffic® (90-day trial subscription included.)

• XM NavWeather™ (90-day trial subscription included.)

• XM® Sports & Stocks (Included with an XM® Radio subscription; 90-day trial subscription included.)

Complimentary Lexus InsiderTM provides audio articles to enhance the Lexus experience with useful

vehicle tips and event information, and insights into exclusive owners’ benefits. Drivers can easily choose

to opt in or out of receiving these articles. This service is available on all Lexus Enform–equipped vehicles

and does not require a subscription.

Wait! There's more. Detailed information is yet to be released. Let me know if this will be the vehicle for you this winter.

Lexus.com now has the 2010 GX460 posted with Pictures and pricing. My dealer tells me he should see a couple of units end of December 2009.

They did a great job with the interior, engine and electronics. Exterior looks too similar to the old GX 470 a little boring for a 60K unit.