Ect - Link Request

cjc

I wanted to read through the information others have collected with respect to functionality both in theory and in practice. (i.e what is it's intended use and what are others finding when using it) Is it an improvement? Does it cause better/worse gas MPG, better low end pickup, what???? I was under the impression the thing might have been talked about ad nauseum.

C

Whats your question? The ECT changes the shift pattern and some thinks that it changes the gas pedal response as well.

I wanted to read through the information others have collected with respect to functionality both in theory and in practice. (i.e what is it's intended use and what are others finding when using it) Is it an improvement? Does it cause better/worse gas MPG, better low end pickup, what???? I was under the impression the thing might have been talked about ad nauseum.

have you read the owners manual? It is covered on there. If your CPO did not come with a manual, you can go to www.lexus.com, sign up under the "owners" section and request new copies of both manuals for free.

to answer you question briefly and to parrot what others have posted, the ECT button will electronically alter shift points in the transmission based on throttle position, RPM, speed, etc.

The Power setting is just that. It has better/faster acceleration however uses the most fuel. I usually only use this when I want to get onto freeways quickly and don't have much room to accelerate, or when I just want to feel like a high school kid with a new muscle car. :rolleyes:

The Normal setting (not lights displayed) is for everyday use. The this is a happy medium between power and economy.

The Snow setting is for just that: snow and slippery roads.

steviej