How To Program Garage Opener In The Homelink Button In The Car

Hi guys, anyone know how to program the garage opener into the 09 rx homelink button. I followed the car manual instructions but it doesn't seem working. I am not sure whether my garage opener is a rolling code type or not so is tuff. Anyone has successfully program theirs, if so please share how you do it. Thanks

This should be in the owners manual, but here goes. To start, press the two outside homelink buttons down and hold them till the red light blinks rapidly. This clears out any codes stored in the system. Then press, at the same time, your remote garage door opener and the button you want to program. Hold the buttons down till the light blinks rapidly again. If the homelink button works by itself, you are done. If not, go up a ladder and look at the garage door motor unit. There should be a "learn" button (red). Press this and a small light in the motor unit will light or blink. You have about 30 seconds to press your homelink unit in the car again (hold it down for about 20 seconds). The next time you press the homelink unit, it should be working correctly. If not, do it all over again (sometimes it takes a second try). Easier to do with two people.

This has been discussed many times, I may just pin this for easy future reference. ;)

Ok. Delete the codes in the homelink then try this.

Hold down the garage door button and the homelink button u want programmed. Once the light changes from a slow blinking light to a rapid blinking light, release both buttons. Then go to the garage door openner and (this is different for all garage door openners) push the "learn" button ONCE. Within 30 secs, press the same button u programmed 3 times, and it should work.