Help The Girl Plzz

lexus_babe071008

Hi guyss

Well im kind of new to the forum.but just finally decide to post sumthing. Well I got an IS 300 '03. Stock and finally and modify it. Well can symone tell me sum info in the engine? Details on cam gear? Turbo? An wana get my car converted to manual. So details and help plzz. Or atleast a website\forum that give me those info. Ill post picss soon thankk u.=)

Really? It is? I was thinkin bout gettin it trade in da dealership but dunno if they gona have manual but I guess ill go check it out n ask. Thanxx=)

The IS is offered in Manual so trade it up and use the money saved to buy one of many full kits to turbo your stock motor... or just do motor swap... but you can definitely turbo the stock motor.

The issues your going to run into are :

The auto transmission is much stronger than the manual transmission. So if your going turbo, auto will hold up to 400 hp at the wheels, but you will have to do a valvebody upgrade, and boost the line pressure. up the clutch packs and spraggs and maybe heat treat the planetaries. The manual will only hold up to about 300 hp at the wheels, but you'll still need to do a clutch upgrade just to get to that number. After that your looking to have to swap the manual to the R154 which will hold up to around 600 rwhp. with a full clutch upgrade also. If your going over 600 hp, then your looking at the V160 or V161 supra transmission, and those with a clutch can hold well over a 1000 hp, but your also talking $5-6K for that transmission and clutch.

If your going to turbo the stock motor, (2JZGE), with stock internals, then keep the auto, put either a Turbonetics kit, Mazzuri, or an SRT turbo kit on it, with front mount intercooler, racing head gasket and swap to a 3'' turbo exhaust system, and tune it for 400 rwhp. And just be happy there. You pretty much at the max the motor and drivetrain can handle. If you go over that, you looking at having to do a forged piston swap, or doing a 2JZGTE motor swap. Which is the Supra motor. along with the drivetrain and ECU swaps. It's alot of work.

If you have some time on your hands, you might want to go thru this:

Modifying the IS 300: Chronicles of a Dream Ride

Really? It is? I was thinkin bout gettin it trade in da dealership but dunno if they gona have manual but I guess ill go check it out n ask. Thanxx=)

The IS is offered in Manual so trade it up and use the money saved to buy one of many full kits to turbo your stock motor... or just do motor swap... but you can definitely turbo the stock motor.

Yea I was planning to get a swap engine and maybe turbo it. And prolly go dealership and see bout trading my car. =)

The issues your going to run into are :

The auto transmission is much stronger than the manual transmission. So if your going turbo, auto will hold up to 400 hp at the wheels, but you will have to do a valvebody upgrade, and boost the line pressure. up the clutch packs and spraggs and maybe heat treat the planetaries. The manual will only hold up to about 300 hp at the wheels, but you'll still need to do a clutch upgrade just to get to that number. After that your looking to have to swap the manual to the R154 which will hold up to around 600 rwhp. with a full clutch upgrade also. If your going over 600 hp, then your looking at the V160 or V161 supra transmission, and those with a clutch can hold well over a 1000 hp, but your also talking $5-6K for that transmission and clutch.

If your going to turbo the stock motor, (2JZGE), with stock internals, then keep the auto, put either a Turbonetics kit, Mazzuri, or an SRT turbo kit on it, with front mount intercooler, racing head gasket and swap to a 3'' turbo exhaust system, and tune it for 400 rwhp. And just be happy there. You pretty much at the max the motor and drivetrain can handle. If you go over that, you looking at having to do a forged piston swap, or doing a 2JZGTE motor swap. Which is the Supra motor. along with the drivetrain and ECU swaps. It's alot of work.

If you have some time on your hands, you might want to go thru this:

Modifying the IS 300: Chronicles of a Dream Ride

Wow. Well I read part of it. Ill go finish it. =) but yea if I can get sumone to trade my var for a manual. I prolly jus stick wit the automatic. Jus hard finding a good machanic to do this things for u.. Wooww....that's sure a lot of horespower. Ima try n look more into it. Thanx

• 2 months later...