Auto Rear Door Closer Malfunction?

calvinlam

Every time when remote was pressed, it beeps and the rear door unlatches, beeps twice and door raised for about 0.5 in and then it closes/latch again. Annoying as we need to do it manually each time. Any idea why it's like that and any solution please? Many thanks.

There have been other posts about this too. I have seen 3 issues:

struts as the other poster said, motor, body ecu. Our issue occurs only when it gets above 100 F degrees, and the car was parked in the sun for a few hours. Is yours always reproducible? What year vehicle? To date we haven't been able to solve ours because it is too intermittent. 05 330.

You may have better luck but search the forum for lots of info (and CL forum too)

Regards

There have been other posts about this too. I have seen 3 issues:

struts as the other poster said, motor, body ecu. Our issue occurs only when it gets above 100 F degrees, and the car was parked in the sun for a few hours. Is yours always reproducible? What year vehicle? To date we haven't been able to solve ours because it is too intermittent. 05 330.

You may have better luck but search the forum for lots of info (and CL forum too)

Regards

Many thanks for the pointers, I'd searched again. My problem is consistent, ie. every time. Mine is a 2003 model. thanks.

Are you sure your lift supports are working?

thanks for the reply. Lift supports - do you mean the struts holding up the rear door when it's opened? If so, yes, it holds it up. And also, the remote can get the opened rear door closed properly (all the way lowering from the fully opened position to the close and latch position). thanks.