Replacing The 6 X 9s In The Doors...

mr.bishop

• 3 months later...
So, I blew the 6 x 9s in the doors, and I've ordered some to replace them. I was kind of just wondering if anyone has taken apart a door and could give me some tips.

Thanks ya'll.

I recently had a similar problem. I was told, first of all, that the door speakers are not 6x9, so you cannot buy aftermarket. Instead, they are a special size, forcing you to buy Lexus speakers. Not sure if this is true, but I have had several people tell me this. Are you sure that the speakers are blown? Are they just "rattling"? I found out that my car had deteriorated speaker brackets, which caused a rattling, although the sound was good at low volume. I had a speaker shop, familiar with this problem, rebuild the bracket and solved my problem.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I blew the 6 x 9s in the doors, and I've ordered some to replace them. I was kind of just wondering if anyone has taken apart a door and could give me some tips.

Thanks ya'll.

I'd suggest that you read the post below...worked for me. I was able to just use the silicone sealant to repair the existing. Took me 30 minutes each door and they work fine now.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audi...tall-sc430.html