Repainting Damaged Area

Ran into some bad luck today, as someone scraped some paint in the front left of my car, as well as causing some "shattering" in the paint with the rear of their S.U.V. I'm going to repair it on my own, to avoid the insurance deductible. I'll be supplying the materials for the work to be done...

My question is : My car is onyx (2 tone car; gray bottom), and I understand Lexus does not use a clear coat on their black cars. I'm going to be purchasing PPG Paint, is there anything I should know specifically about using PPG without a clearcoat? Though I trust the person that will work on my car, I still want to be sure I provide all materials needed for the job for it too look as close as possible to the factory paint.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Edit - Car is a 1995 GS300, paint is in good (almost like new) condition.

I wouldnt be completely assured the paint is single stage until you check it yourself of have the person that is going to be doing the work check it. SOME Lexus black is clearcoated. Its a crapshoot whether it is or not. To test it just take a white terry towel and some sort of cleaner (A Cleaner Wax os fine) rub it on the paint. If the rag gets black then its single stage, if it doesnt then its 2 stage (clearcoat).

You just might be able to pull it off. The hardest part will be blending the original paints with the new. I've noticed when I've had bodywork done in the past that they seem to paint the entire panels.

Got it repaired just 3 days ago.

VBdenny, he did just what you mentioned... Painted the entire panel. Said it's the best way to do it.

After thorough inspection under different lighting, I've got to say the paint looks like a factory paint job. Really pleased with the results.