I Want To Lower Sc300 1inch

addb

Greetings.

I have a 1992 SC300 5-spd. My goal is to lower the car only a small amount, perhaps 1 inch and to maintain the stock ride as much as possible. Ideally the car would ride exactly the same and be 1 inch lower - not sure if that's possible obviously.

Anyone have recommendations for how to best accomplish this?

Thanks.

If you want to maintain the same ride characteristics yet lower your ride 1", you can accomplish this with a set of Springs. I changed my springs and shocks (Eibach Springs and Tokico Shocks). The ride will be slightly stiffer as the coils of the spring are slightly larger in diameter, but they are a progressive spring. If you want better handling, then I would also recommend the Tokico or similar brand springs.

I purchased both springs and shocks through Ebay. They are always listed.

I would also recommend finding a local mechanic (not Lexus) to do the swap!

Yup Bandit is right. The Eibach Pro Kit is the best way to lower your car if you only want an inch drop. The springs are reletively inexpensive, and easy to install if you chose to do it yourself. Springs will run you between 200-300 dollars depending on where you purchase them. The springs will lower the car a certain amount and within given time they will settle to it's final ride height, which should be exactly what you want.