Rear Cargo Area Carpet Getting Wet When It Rains

gage

i have a 2003 lx and i have noticed lately that the rt rear carpet edge(very back passenger side) is wet after driving in rainy weather. its right along the edge where it touches the plastic trim across the back hatch sill. is anyone else having this problem?

I've got the same problem, and the dealer thinks its do to dirt/leaves tht get into the weather seal track, and or clogged tubes in the sunroof (which they cleaned out in May). The cargo area carpet is soaked, but the water also travels to the front carpets due to driving/braking. has anyone else found a solution, and/or gotten the dealer to cover the cost?

Thanks

• 7 months later...
I've got the same problem, and the dealer thinks its do to dirt/leaves tht get into the weather seal track, and or clogged tubes in the sunroof (which they cleaned out in May). The cargo area carpet is soaked, but the water also travels to the front carpets due to driving/braking. has anyone else found a solution, and/or gotten the dealer to cover the cost?

Thanks

Had similar problem with my 2000 LX. Dealer replaced seal around RHMSL(Rear High Mount Stop Lamp). Water was traveling through the light down the trim and onto my rear cargo carpet. Mine was under warranty so they replaced it free.

Thanks

Had similar problem with my 2000 LX. Dealer replaced seal around RHMSL(Rear High Mount Stop Lamp). Water was traveling through the light down the trim and onto my rear cargo carpet. Mine was under warranty so they replaced it free.

Has that fixed the problem? I am having the same problem with my 2004 lx-470. The rear carpet was very wet so I took apart the carpet to the bare steel panel and found out that the water accumulated underneath the base panel (there are two small holes on the right and left side where I can put some form of tube and vacuumed the water out from the wide base panel below). I live in Seattle where it rains a lot and during the rainy season, I can hear the water slide from one side to the other when I make a sudden turn. I took it to the local dealership and they do not have any idea as to the exact cause of the problem.

Any comment on what needs to be done as to the cause and fix will be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Thanks

Has that fixed the problem? I am having the same problem with my 2004 lx-470. The rear carpet was very wet so I took apart the carpet to the bare steel panel and found out that the water accumulated underneath the base panel (there are two small holes on the right and left side where I can put some form of tube and vacuumed the water out from the wide base panel below). I live in Seattle where it rains a lot and during the rainy season, I can hear the water slide from one side to the other when I make a sudden turn. I took it to the local dealership and they do not have any idea as to the exact cause of the problem.

Any comment on what needs to be done as to the cause and fix will be appreciated.

Thanks

I had the leaking tail light issue and although some of you may have newer 470's with low miles and this solution might not sit well with you, mines got 115,000 and I just used some clear silicone right around that top middle light and problem solved. You can't see the silicone unless you really look for it.

I spoke with a Toyota genius today he is the most respected indie shop in LA,I asked him why Toyota don't sell new gaskets ( the new lite is $250 )my gaskets are rotten, he said they are not the problem. The plastic used to make the

lite is so thin that after in the sun they warp, Toyota have known this for years.I hope this helps.

Daniel