Mesh For Lower Holes In 99 Sc400 Bumper

carsrgr8

I was just wondering if anyone had ever put anything into the openings that are beside the foglights in the 99 SC400 bumpers. My dad recently bought a 99 in Angor Beige Metallic, and doesn't like the looks of those open holes. Is there some kind of mesh that will ook good in there? If anyone has pictures of such a insert please post them, also any ideas on how to secure the mesh would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Many companies make grill inserts, and almost all of them offer universal kits for the cars they don't specifically make. There's a company called Grillcraft that was very big in the late 90's early 00' that did a huge volume of grill kits for cars. I don't think they have an SC application so I would suggest looking into a universal kit. To give you something to look at, here's a link:

http://www.andysautosport.com/lexus/92_00s...c300grills.html

basically it comes in a sheet, you cut it to a size, and attach it by screws, staples, tape, clips, anything you can find on the back of your bumper.

Good luck, and I hope that helps.

EDIT: Another thing we've done, is went to home depot and bought Screen for Screen doors, cut that and drilled it in. That was a cover for a intercooler though. So you have many options.

Lex_Grill2.sized.jpg

Those companies rip you off.

They sell the same stuff for at least 20x the price.

What you see in the picture is Home Depot chicken wire obtained for $4 (3x8ft)

I used as many stock fasteners as I could and used strong zip-ties in a few places for extra support.

It looks really nice but for more shine I plan to take it off and go have it chrome plated at a local metal-works shop. (should be less than $20)

My bro-in-law did his civic with gutter guard. It came out looking pretty cool. It's plastic so it weighs next to nothing and you can cut it with stout scissors and zip tie it in place, plus it's dirt cheap. It came in black so no painting was needed. The only draw back is that it only comes in 8" wide rolls. I liked it so much I might even use it for the grill in my race car.