1999 Rx300 Center Console - Compatible Years

whiteker

I attempted to remove the entire center console (between the two front seats...storage drawers, cupholder attachments, etc.) from my 1999 RX300. I damaged it in the process, and need to replace it. Ordering from Lexus is so expensive, though. Ebay occasionally lists center consoles, but more often for later years than for the 1999. Is there a way to find out if, for instance, the center console for a 2000, 2001, etc. would be the same part that would fit my 1999? I am not nearly knowledgeable enough to attempt to get this information correctly on my own and was hoping the group could help. Thanks so much to any and all.

• 2 weeks later...
99-03 are the same console design.

The gray interior was only available in 99-00, but the tan is the same for all years. Black for 01-03 only.

Which part did you damage? I have spare console parts in tan color.

I damaged the small panel in the back where the power port exits. I snapped the "facing" around it. Being completely unfamiliar with this, I ended up pitching the entire console. I should have searched for this small part, but I didn't. I now need the entire console, which I am searching for on ebay or at salvage yards. Do you have a suggestion on how to get the entire console other than purchasing new? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
99-03 are the same console design.

The gray interior was only available in 99-00, but the tan is the same for all years. Black for 01-03 only.

Which part did you damage? I have spare console parts in tan color.

LexKid630,

A small label that has a fan and an arrow on it has fallen off my center console and gotten lost. you wouldn't happen to have any of these available or know where I can get one would you? The dealer will only sell it along with the entire console which means ~$750.

rxcenterconsole.jpg

• 1 month later...

You cannot order these little "decals" from anywhere, not even from the dealer.

Your best bet is to purchase the whole unit used on ebay, remove the decals, and re-sell it for a little less than you purchased it for.

Most people buy the used units on ebay for things such as the radio or the screen- they won't care about missing decals.