Advice For An Sc I Am Seriously Considering

BoostCrazy

Im seriously considering a very nice looking (from pictures at least) a 1995 SC300. Details are as follows: 58k miles, 5 speed, pearl white w/ tan interior, new clutch, battery, tires, factory spoiler, 12 disc changer, original owner, no accidents, minor paintwork (on bumpers from rockchips). The car is priced at 13k. I have spoken to the owner on the phone and seemed like a very friendly, stand up guy. He also has no problem taking the car to the local Lexus dealership to look over the car. I will probably wind up spending 800-1000 in shipping costs to the Philadelphia area. Is the car worth the asking price considering I will have to ship the car?

Also, when the car is taken to the dealership should I have them check anything besides the obvious (compression check, brakes, body, structural integrity, interior, electronics, accessories, etc.) What does the dealership usually charge to do this? Are there any factory recurring problems I am not aware of? (I do own a 2JZ-GTE supra so I am already familiar with the motor/drivetrain)

thanks for all your help! :D

Regards,

Andrew S

Wow... Only 58k miles. You might want to question why there is a new clutch. Compression check at the dealership would probably cost a few hundred dollars because the intake manifold is in the way.

Where is this car located?

Both the owner and his wife learned to drive stick on the car :o , hence the reason for the new clutch. The car is located in Plano, TX.