Michelin Primacy Mxv4 Installed

SW03ES

Hey guys,

Got the new Michelin Primacy MXV4's installed today. Very nice! quieter than the Bridgestone LS-Vs but they were worn. They were excellent tires, its a shame Bridgestone discontinued them.

The new Michies look and ride great, 60k warranty too should be the last set of tires I buy for this car...

No difference with the H rating vs the V rating. I haven't spent much time on the highway but I will tomorrow.

Hope they deliver as promised for you. And you've learned something new with this set of tires - unless you're planning to enter your car in a Le Mans professional rally event, H-rated tires are fine for typical everyday driving. You'll save serious money and your treadwear will be extended as well....

Final cost to purchase and mount this set?

What's your current odometer mileage? Just curious. I know you didn't intend to keep this car as long as you have, but it was absolutely the smart thing to do. Stay in it as long as you possibly can, especially as our economy continues to spiral downwards....

Yep, I stand corrected! Spent time on the highway today up to 80MPH, seem plenty stable on offramps and the whole bit. They ride great. H it'll be!

Final cost to purchase and mount this set?

The tires ere $566 shipped and it was $87 to mount/balance them and dispose of the old ones, so $653, about what I paid for the V rated tires last time. The same tires in V rated would have been $120 more for the set. I did also do a 4 wheel alignment which was about $100.

What's your current odometer mileage? Just curious. I know you didn't intend to keep this car as long as you have, but it was absolutely the smart thing to do. Stay in it as long as you possibly can, especially as our economy continues to spiral downwards....

Just shy of 120,000. Still runs great and with the new shoes it rides like a brand new car. Really incredible, I've taken great care of it but these cars really do age well.

I actually have very little desire to replace it really...

I'll keep it until next fall at the earliest, by that time it'll have 150k miles...I'm thinking I'll replace it with a 3 year old or so LS...

I'm proud of you for finally deciding to buy late-model used when the time comes to replace your current car. From a financial standpoint, it's the only way to go (as you now know)....

But I'd really like to see you stretch your current car out as far as you can. I know it's well-maintained and as long as it continues to hold up without taking your maintenance costs way up the charts, why replace it?

Yeah its not going anywhere until the market gets a whole lot better lol.

I actually have a colleague who just bought a 2003 LS430 with 66,000 miles and I've ridden in it a few times and driven it, thats what turned me around. After a detail it looks so great, and rides and drives so great that it really doesn't feel like a used car...