Replace Struts?

jakecdemp

I have a '97 es300 with about 170,000 miles on it, and I've noticed over the last few months that my car seems to be riding lower than normal when I have additional people in it - to the point where I'm afraid I might bump the road if I'm going too fast over uneven pavement and things like that. To my knowledge, the struts have never been replaced. Does it sound like it's time to replace them or is there some type of repair work that can be done? It seems to only be a problem in the rear of the car.

I have a '97 es300 with about 170,000 miles on it, and I've noticed over the last few months that my car seems to be riding lower than normal when I have additional people in it - to the point where I'm afraid I might bump the road if I'm going too fast over uneven pavement and things like that. To my knowledge, the struts have never been replaced. Does it sound like it's time to replace them or is there some type of repair work that can be done? It seems to only be a problem in the rear of the car.

In a word, yes. Be sure to replace the stut mounts also.