Experience With Tirerack

deepblue

Has anyone had any experience with TireRack recently?

I have always heard good things about TireRack and have also purchased from there a couple of times before in the past. I needed some snow tires for my sc300 so called them on Saturday.

I needed 2 tires as I have 2 already, and asked for a quote for Blizzark WS-50. The Sales rep quoted $111 and it came to about $124 per tire including shipping. I was getting the tires at a local sears for $118 including tax (I had a 10% off coupon), so I just asked the guy politely if he can give me a deal or a discount on the shipping or something. Before I could even finish the sentence I just got shouted at for asking such a question. The Sales Rep literally was just rude and said that he is not there to give anyone discounts and either I pay the price he quoted or forget about it. I just thought this could have been done politely and am shocked at this unprofessional attitude that has no place in todays market. I hope the other reps there are not like this.

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the response.

Well its not the discount that I was upset about, but their treatment of customers. I just did not appreciate being shouted at 4 times saying that I will not get any better price for asking the question once.

I sure do hope this is not how they treat customers. This market is driven by customers and I am sure they will realize this sooner or later.

Thanks Much

• 4 weeks later...

I have always had a great experience with them no matter what I buy.

You might want to look at the Dunlap Graspic next time. I just purchased

a set of 4 16" for my LS 400. Price with UPS delivery came to $ 73 per tire.

I live in a town on the mounatins of NW NJ. I have had Blizzaks and these are

just as good at a much cheaper price. Your rep was probably having a bad day.

whenever dealing with any salesperson on the phone, always get their complete name before conducting any business. If the conversation takes a turn for the worse, then politely ask to be transferred to another salesrep or the manager of the salesrep you are currently having a problem with.

Always keep your cool and the other person will see that the problem lies within.

Explain to the manager you situation and see if they can't come to an agreement.

Be prepared to provide sales quotes if needed, and be prepared to go local if you do not like the way you are treated by a phone salesrep.

Have you tried contacting the TireRack liason to this forum?

You are the customer and you make the last decision.

steviej

deepblue,

your experience has occurred several times on this forum. I would say you're about the 3-4th person (I've seen in the forum) to get "yelled" at when asking to match a price. All they would have to say is " I'm sorry sir, this is the lowest price I can give you" blah, blah, blah...... - AND IT WOULD BE OKAY.

I will probably buy tires locally.......