93 Sc400 Future Plans

LexSC400328

hey everyone i have a few new issues and concerns of mine to present for analyzing.

* I am worried that my automatic transmission is on its way to failing since as i approach a stop, everyone in the car can feel the transmission THUD out of gear as we come to a stop. If this transmission fails i would be very interested in replacing it with a manual tranny but i have no idea how much it would cost. so if anyone has any idea what the whole procedure of putting a new manual transmission would cost me please let me know!

* I am also thinking i may have some warped rotors. Every time the car is in reverse and i put the brakes on, i feel another THUD of contact from the brake pedal engaging something. this only happens in reverse? because going forwards produces no noise what so ever. also, if i am in place or barely moving (BACKWARDS) if i pump the brake pedal, the whole car seems to pitch and lean and react to my pressing the brake pedal. LOL WHAT IS GOING ON?

please anyone with any thoughts share them!

hey everyone i have a few new issues and concerns of mine to present for analyzing.

* I am worried that my automatic transmission is on its way to failing since as i approach a stop, everyone in the car can feel the transmission THUD out of gear as we come to a stop. If this transmission fails i would be very interested in replacing it with a manual tranny but i have no idea how much it would cost. so if anyone has any idea what the whole procedure of putting a new manual transmission would cost me please let me know!

* I am also thinking i may have some warped rotors. Every time the car is in reverse and i put the brakes on, i feel another THUD of contact from the brake pedal engaging something. this only happens in reverse? because going forwards produces no noise what so ever. also, if i am in place or barely moving (BACKWARDS) if i pump the brake pedal, the whole car seems to pitch and lean and react to my pressing the brake pedal. LOL WHAT IS GOING ON?

please anyone with any thoughts share them!

I don't know if this would help but check out this website it may provide some useful information:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/auto_to_6...swap/index.html

that link doesnt work i dont know what went wrong with it...but for now im morely concerned with the brakes cause i think my transmission is going to be fine i was just dreaming again of a manual tranny...but yeah if any1 has experienced brake issues such as mine let me know

are all the gears working? Reverse, Drive, 1st 2nd and so on. I don't think your Tranmission is failing.

yeah every gear shifts flawlessly P, R,N,D,2,L all work perfectly fine..its just every now and then when its cold it like disengages kinda harshly...but its been doing well since then so im not too worried anymore...but what do you make of the brake scenario?