Speaker Voulume On Rainy Days

theoldpaths

I have a 90' LS400 that loses speaker volume when it is rainy outside. I can turn the volume all the way up and can just barley hear it. It doesn't mater if I'm listening to the radio or CD, same problem.

I think opening and closing trunk helped at one point. My wife was in the car, and as I open and closed the trunk, she said it got better for a second.

I don't think I have ever had this happen on a dry day.

Any ideas?

Thank you

• 3 months later...

are you guys using the factory head unit. this might be the issue. i remember once i left my sun roof open while shopping. it rained very hard while i was in the store and my whole inside was soaked. i had to drive around and let the heat of the engine dry the internals of the radio. while it was broken the sound was barely above a whisper. even all the way up. there might be something wrong with the head unit or you might have a leaking sunroof which is causing moisture to build up in the cabin. if the trunk affects the sound it may have to do with the trunk wiring hinge. do a search because this is a common issue with 1st gens.