New 2002 Gs430 Owner

Just wanted to say to everyone, I have been prowling the boards for a couple of weeks but didn't want to join until I actually got the new car. It's a black on black 2002 GS430 with the 17" chrome rims. I don't have any pictures of it yet, but I will be detailing it this weekend and posting pics.

I can't explain to other people how much I love this car! I was driving a first gen Acura TL, which was ok, and pretty nice car to drive around for $6000.00. Then I got a new job and they wanted me to get a new car (outside sales). I test drove a lot of cars, Accord, 540i, A4, A6, BMW 3series, LS, IS300... anyway, this is by far the nicest of all of them. I have always dreamed of owning a GS, just never thought I would be able to afford one. Any my dreams were not let down by this beauty. Only thing I wish it had was Nav, but the one that had nav was $6000.00 more. I’m going to get one of those Alpine or Pioneer jobbies and put it in the dash, just means I will lose the steering wheel controls. (Does anyone know if the pioneer or alpine unit will control the stock 6-disk player?)

I'm frequent on the alltrac.net boards if any of you are ever over there. I thought they were the only nice board around, but you guys seem mature as well, so I think I will be happy here.

Steve.

2002 GS430

1990 Celica Alltrac - down but not out (yet)

1996 Acura TL - technically sold, but I still got it for 2 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the acquisition! You'll have many miles to enjoy with it. I'm pretty certain that the stock cd changer will only work with the stock headunit... i mean it may be possible to wire up controls but I'm sure it won't be easy or cheap. Carson toyota offers a JDM dash kit if you plan on adding an aftermarket double din headunit. The color matches up perfectly.

Thanks guys.

I don't know what I’m going to do about the Nav, or the CD changer, I really like the stock radio (mark levinson) and the steering wheel controls. I thought the in-dash double din NAV system would be perfect, cause I don't want it to look aftermarket, I want it to look stock, then I saw a couple and I'm not so sure now, you can definitely tell it's aftermarket. How is the NAV’s stereo? Is it as good as the Mark Levinson? Does the steering wheel controls and the CD changer work with it with no issues?

Thanks guys.

I don't know what I’m going to do about the Nav, or the CD changer, I really like the stock radio (mark levinson) and the steering wheel controls. I thought the in-dash double din NAV system would be perfect, cause I don't want it to look aftermarket, I want it to look stock, then I saw a couple and I'm not so sure now, you can definitely tell it's aftermarket. How is the NAV’s stereo? Is it as good as the Mark Levinson? Does the steering wheel controls and the CD changer work with it with no issues?

fyi alpine and a bunch of people making steering wheel controls so you dont have to lose that function. nice car looks great! wanna come detail my black gs? she's dirty!

brian

Ok, I got some pics now. After me and my friend detailed her.

P9270002.jpg

P9270007.jpg

P9280019.jpg

Congrat, I've just recently got my 02 GS430 also and it black on black with 70k miles. I can't wait to

upgrade this puppy. I've heard that you can put supercharger on it. If anyone know a place or info

I will be thrill to give them a call...

Thanks guys.

fyi alpine and a bunch of people making steering wheel controls so you dont have to lose that function. nice car looks great! wanna come detail my black gs? she's dirty!

brian

I have seen a couple of people have any aftermarket on their car (Lexus). It make the car look so cheap. I love my OEM Navi. It work

great (Mark Levinson) and it is so easy to use. Now I want to convert my Navi to play movies also while it's in the Park (P) mode...

I need to get her wash too... :-)

I have seen a couple of people have any aftermarket on their car (Lexus). It make the car look so cheap. I love my OEM Navi. It work

great (Mark Levinson) and it is so easy to use. Now I want to convert my Navi to play movies also while it's in the Park (P) mode...

I need to get her wash too... :-)

some can look very nice just depends on brand etc you choose to put into your car! y have it JUST play them in park and not when you driving? i know its unsafe but i used to have a tv in my es300 and i had movies on all the time.....just hated the tv tuner was so expensive! have them put in a override so you can watch them while you moving (for your passengers NOT for you to watch, you should be driving :D ) i have the ML nav also its great to use but stupid expensive to update as they make what 2 discs a year for it? for 300 i think i'll be good for a year or so considering when i got the car it was still running on the oem Ver. 1 disc. i do have the latest upgrade (i got from sewell off their ebay page for 250 but still who wants to do that yearly or even twice a year).

brian