2004 Es330 - With Navi (need Bluetooth And Ipod)

alfredtv

I am a newbie here (I did search) but only related topics had to do with non-navi ES's.

Anyway I want to try and get a bluetooth module (if they have them) for the existing setup. Also I would like to get an ipod interface that I have seen on several sites but wanted to know which was recommended.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Welcome to the site!

I take it you do have a nav unit?

Do a search for "Vaistech", I have the Vaistech iPod/AUX-in adapter that runs my iPod and also runs my Sirius from an independent tuner. Works very well and they have some systems out now that are even more advanced. www.vaistech.com

As for Bluetooth, there is no OEM system, Bluetooth wasn't available on the ES until the '07 ES350. There are several good aftermarket kits that can be installed though from Motorola and Parrot. Search for "Parrot", I'm sure there are members here who have installed them. I've thought about it, but I just use bluetooth headsets.

thanks for the response, i will take a look at vaistech.com I actually found that site while searching I just wasnt sure which one was recommended. I was wishing that someone had tried to hack the 04 LS/LX bluetooth module to work with the ES but I guess not, I will take a look at the Parrot system I have seen it before.

Steve,

Thanks for the response, can you tell me what the difference between the 04 LS and the 04 ES radio is other than the buttons? I am wondering if I get ahold of the bluetooth module if I can some how hack it to work?

Or does the parrot work through the speakers?

You probably could make it work. You would have to wire in buttons though, and if you're going to do that you may as well just buy an aftermarket kit.

I don't see any functionality the OEM system has that an aftermarket kit wouldn't have...

I just bought a Motorola MOTOROKR T505 Bluetooth speaker that affixes to the visor and transmits sound through a FM transmitter to the car's speakers. Works very well and for $85 its hard to beat it...