Tires, Rims And Road Noise

carysc430

More than run-flats and speed ratings, I'm interested in reducing/eliminating road (tire) noise. I'd be interested in your choices of replacement tires (brand & model) and opinons on road noise. And, if anyone has gone above the 245/40 to 245/45 or 50"s...and if that helped?

Secondly, dented rims (usually from hitting pot-holes) ...has anyone had them repaired and how pleased with the results

I've moved from the 18" wheels and tires to a 17" wheel set with Goodyear Eagle F1 in a 245/40ZR17 size. These are a much less noisy tire than the Bridgestone Run Flats and moving to a 17" wheel had virtually elimated the wheel damage from poor roads. The wheels I put on the car are a standard 5 spoke Lexus wheel that you can easily find. IMHO the orig. SC430 wheels where really ugly and now the car looks like the roadster that Lexus had in mind before they put those awful wheels on the SC's.

• 3 weeks later...
I've moved from the 18" wheels and tires to a 17" wheel set with Goodyear Eagle F1 in a 245/40ZR17 size. These are a much less noisy tire than the Bridgestone Run Flats and moving to a 17" wheel had virtually elimated the wheel damage from poor roads. The wheels I put on the car are a standard 5 spoke Lexus wheel that you can easily find. IMHO the orig. SC430 wheels where really ugly and now the car looks like the roadster that Lexus had in mind before they put those awful wheels on the SC's.

Why not try a 245 / 45 /17 ? Would they offer a better ride?

Thanks,

BB