Nitrous Kit On Gs400

I don't know enough about the v8 used in the 400, but you really don't want to run n20 unless you have forged internals. What is the compression on the v8? What hp shot are you planning on running? Put it on the dyno and verify your a/f to be sure you aren't too lean anywhere. Remember, n20 is hard on an engine's internals and if you plan on hitting it often with a good size shot, plan on a motor rebuild.

Remember too, you have a luxury sports sedan, not a sports car.

• 1 month later...

Hey i also wanted to experiment with nitrous on my gs300 and i just ordered a nitrous express kit. does anyone know if i need any engine work before? i'm planning on a 75 shot and i think i can control the air/fuel ratio with my S-AFCII from apex-i. if anyone has any suggestions it would help..... thanx

PS. does anyone know the compression ratio on a 2nd generation 1998 gs 300?

Hey i also wanted to experiment with nitrous on my gs300 and i just ordered a nitrous express kit. does anyone know if i need any engine work before? i'm planning on a 75 shot and i think i can control the air/fuel ratio with my S-AFCII from apex-i. if anyone has any suggestions it would help..... thanx

PS. does anyone know the compression ratio on a 2nd generation 1998 gs 300?

you shouldn't worry too much about the nitrous as long as you don't get trigger happy on a daily basis. these engines can take about 5 to 600 hp without any extreme modifacations. the first thing that should go out when you go boost happy for a straight week are the piston rings, then the piston heads if they haven't melted yet or shot through your hood, but either than that, they will take 100 shot no problem.