Malfunctioning Problems With 08 Gx

dee4825

This is the first time I have ever joined an online dicussion and posted anything but I dont know what to do. I purchased a brand new GX 470 2008, the first week of November. I had a GS before that and never really had any problems. This car has had problem after problem. The first problem was the "clunking thumping" noise when I stepped on the brake. When I brought the car in, they hapily changed the driveshaft for me ( even though I feel that a new car should NOT need a driveshaft replaced, especially in this price range). Then I kept feeling my engine rattling and my car shaking on a regualr basis. I would read the forum and just assumed it was normal. Then one day, my check engine light went on, my VSC light went on, my skid light went on and another malfunctioning light. I brought it into the dealership and they told me it was electrical and now its fine. This problem happened once again and I refused to drive the car home since my brakes would pump back at me and all the malfunctioning lights went on again. They again fixed and told me it wouldnt happen again. Low and behold, yesterday morning, the same problem occured. My RPM's were over 2 while I was in park, my brakes pumped back at me, my malfunctioning lights went on and again, I had to be towed to the dealer. I am convinced this car is a lemon and I refuse to drive it again. Has anyone had the same or similar experience or have any advice for me???

Not sure what the lemon laws are in New York, but we get 3 try here in MA for the dealer to fix a problem. Since your problem is safety related, it would apply. I would remind the dealer of the lemon law and start using the word buy back when talk to their service department. Lastly, start a complain case file with Lexus headquarter and start looking for a lemon law lawyer.

Thanks for getting back to me ( at least someone did). I did call Lexus headquarters and am waiting for a response to them. I did inform them that I want out my lease and told the dealership the same thing. The dealer told me there's nothing they can do and I have to take it up with Lexus headquarters. They claimed they fixed the problem and it wa sa wire to the coils but I have heard this one before.....The New York State Law is 4 times but Im not sure if it perttains to the same problem 4 times or if it pertains to your car being in the shop 4 times..... The first time was when I needed the clunk problem, the other 3 were the check engine light and vsc lights and all that going off......I guess well have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for your response though...

Not sure what the lemon laws are in New York, but we get 3 try here in MA for the dealer to fix a problem. Since your problem is safety related, it would apply. I would remind the dealer of the lemon law and start using the word buy back when talk to their service department. Lastly, start a complain case file with Lexus headquarter and start looking for a lemon law lawyer.

The first problem was the "clunking thumping" noise when I stepped on the brake. When I brought the car in, they hapily changed the driveshaft for me ( even though I feel that a new car should NOT need a driveshaft replaced, especially in this price range).

This is a known TSB for all GX470's, its annoying but doesn't hurt anything. I have a 2008 GX also but will hold off on getting the "clunk" fixed until it is closer to when my warranty runs out. Go to www.clublexus.com for more info on the "clunk" TSB.

This is the first time I have ever joined an online dicussion and posted anything but I dont know what to do. I purchased a brand new GX 470 2008, the first week of November. I had a GS before that and never really had any problems. This car has had problem after problem. The first problem was the "clunking thumping" noise when I stepped on the brake. When I brought the car in, they hapily changed the driveshaft for me ( even though I feel that a new car should NOT need a driveshaft replaced, especially in this price range). Then I kept feeling my engine rattling and my car shaking on a regualr basis. I would read the forum and just assumed it was normal. Then one day, my check engine light went on, my VSC light went on, my skid light went on and another malfunctioning light. I brought it into the dealership and they told me it was electrical and now its fine. This problem happened once again and I refused to drive the car home since my brakes would pump back at me and all the malfunctioning lights went on again. They again fixed and told me it wouldnt happen again. Low and behold, yesterday morning, the same problem occured. My RPM's were over 2 while I was in park, my brakes pumped back at me, my malfunctioning lights went on and again, I had to be towed to the dealer. I am convinced this car is a lemon and I refuse to drive it again. Has anyone had the same or similar experience or have any advice for me???

which dealer did you go to may I ask?

Steven

Rallye Lexus Parts

516-676-6699

I leased the car through a private leasing company and had it repaired at Lexus of RVC. I am no faulting them, I just believe that the car is defective...... thats all

I leased the car through a private leasing company and had it repaired at Lexus of RVC. I am no faulting them, I just believe that the car is defective...... thats all

oh...RVC. why don't you give us a try. I don't think its a defective car, I think its the dealer that don't have a tech that knows what is going on.

Thank you but at this point, I dont even feel safe or want to drive the car. It has gone in too many times so I am pushing for a new car at this point. I really dont feel its safe for me to drive.....

oh...RVC. why don't you give us a try. I don't think its a defective car, I think its the dealer that don't have a tech that knows what is going on.