99 Rx300 With Multiple Codes

Joelghall

I have a 1999 RX300 with 166K miles (second owner). My CE light came on and I just took it to my local mechanic to read the codes. It came out with P0125, P1153 and P1155. I have been reading an excellent previous thread on this site and decided to post. Some of the feedback on the P0125 code implied that the problem could be related to the thermostat sticking. P1153 and P1155 seem to relate to air/fuel (A/F) sensors - although 2 diferent sensors. The car is running fine. I recently had one of the A/F sensors replaced (the one on the manifold by the Trans Fluid dipstick). I also recently had the MAF sensor replaced and I removed the MAF sensor and it was not dirty. My gut feeling is that it is likely the other A/F sensor on the back side of the engine by the firewall. But the fact that the P1153 and P1155 codes relate to different sensors has me worried.

Thanks for any help....Joel

Joel:

I had a similar problem with our 2002 RX 300 and started three different threads. Two things happened that caused me to get the P1153 and P1155 codes. My gas cap had gone bad...$9 fix, and the hose that connects under the air filter box had come off giving a bad read through the MAF Sensor. After re-connecting the hose and changing the gas cap the CEL light and Trac Off light went out and have not come back on.

Hal

Joel:

I had a similar problem with our 2002 RX 300 and started three different threads. Two things happened that caused me to get the P1153 and P1155 codes. My gas cap had gone bad...$9 fix, and the hose that connects under the air filter box had come off giving a bad read through the MAF Sensor. After re-connecting the hose and changing the gas cap the CEL light and Trac Off light went out and have not come back on.

Hal

Hal,

Thanks for the info. I will check into those suggestions tomorrow. Did you also get a P0125?

Joel

No...No P0125.

Well, so much for an easy fix... I checked for loose hose on/around the air filter basket and didn't find anything. I went ahead and replaced the gas cap and disconnected the battery for about an hour to clear the codes. I just drove the car and the CE light came right back on. Will have my mechanic read the codes again to see if I get the same codes.

• 3 months later...
I have a 1999 RX300 with 166K miles (second owner). My CE light came on and I just took it to my local mechanic to read the codes. It came out with P0125, P1153 and P1155. I have been reading an excellent previous thread on this site and decided to post. Some of the feedback on the P0125 code implied that the problem could be related to the thermostat sticking. P1153 and P1155 seem to relate to air/fuel (A/F) sensors - although 2 diferent sensors. The car is running fine. I recently had one of the A/F sensors replaced (the one on the manifold by the Trans Fluid dipstick). I also recently had the MAF sensor replaced and I removed the MAF sensor and it was not dirty. My gut feeling is that it is likely the other A/F sensor on the back side of the engine by the firewall. But the fact that the P1153 and P1155 codes relate to different sensors has me worried.

Thanks for any help....Joel

Pretty common to get 0125 along with the A/F codes. I know it happened to me.