Cheap Exterior Mods?

STOKED

Or possibly any interior mods? I am not into the body kits so much…maybe perhaps the 97 spoiler. I checked out the clear tail lights and they ran over 1 grand. I like the look of the different color wood panels inside the car…but where to start?

hey man, your car looks awsome as is, unfortunatly the words Cheap and Lexus do not go hand in hand. lemme think of what there is...

guage lighting can be changed, lextech lighting is done buy a guy named O.L.T (one last try) at www.clublexus.com, really good work,

New Emblems can be purchased by a company named Midas over in the UK, you can get emblems that are black pearl, chrome, or gold.

Lexus Grill has alot of products, they carry wood interior kits, abflug eyebrows for your headlights, and alot of spoilers and a few body kits,

import toys has alot of carbon fiber stuff for our cars as well,

clear corners has alot of lighting upgrades for our cars, like LED high beams, fog lights, side markers, black out headlamp housing.

other than all that i cant think of much. alot of people upgrade their body kits to 97+. lowering your car always looks good. a really dark tint looks good. just look around youll find something you want to add first.

Stroked:

The cheap Exterior Mods I've done so far are:

LED Rings on my high Beams from Clear Corners $500--Check the SC Gallery.

HID Kit from SPWUSA $700

Air Intake $280--Injen

Half Clear Tail lights $10.00.

Tint--20%--$123.00

You could do these.

A friend of mine has a '97 SC300 and he has an Injen intake. His came with his turbo kit, so I dont know if the intake was special made/ fitted for his year model to be included in the kit, or if it just fits all year SC300's. I would assume that it would fit all the years. Especially a '96, since SC's are usually categorized '92-'96 and '97-'00.

Stroked

:D

What year is your SC UCF3?

I want to get an Injen but mine is 96 and they only list 92-95.

Also....do you have any more info for the company through which you got the HIDs and how easy was the install/how awesome the outcome?

Actually, mine's a 95 like it says below--my signature. I got HID kit from SPW, and right now their Website isn't coming up :unsure:

If you google HID Kits, you should come up with a few. APC makes an HID kit, you could try them. Remember, these kits are considered illegal by many states, but if you want legal ones, and you can make it to SoCal. Clearcorner.com can make you one. They're expensive and they require your SC to be physically be at their shop.

OH yeah, Stillen's selling JIC Strut tower Braces for $140 and $260. <_<

Your right, The clear bottom tail lights are awesome and they are totally a DIY project. There are pictures in the SC gallery that show pictures of each stage of the conversion and there are vague directions under the pictures-they'll get you through the project, but here's some pointers.

First of all, as a warning, this is not a Saturday morning job, allow yourself 2-3 days to complete it.

(1) Get your self 2 orange and 4 red 1156 bulbs, a sheet of diffusing plastic, a heat gun (comes in handy), some sort of tool to cut the diffusing plastic (drimal tool could work well), and a friend.

(2) Take the tailights out, they are kindof hard to get out, but after several minutes of pulling and jiggling the light, it'll eventually come out.

(3) After the lights are out, your going to start working on one light at a time. Put your light in the oven at 250 degrees for 5 minutes. Watch when you take it out, it's hot. Use a screw driver or something to pry the frame apart. *There is a rediculous amount of glue holding the frame and the rest of the light together. It took me and a friend 5-6 hrs. to pry both lights apart. If you don't have a friend helping you, it will take a lot longer.

(4) The glue will start to harden again in 5-10 minutes, so just keep reheating when necessary, the heat gun comes in handy when you almost have a section pryed apart and then the glue starts to harden and you can reheat the section right there with the heatgun and continue prying.

(5) Once you get the frame apart there is a bunch of glue that holds the frame that houses the lenses and the third frame with a bunch of silver sheets on it. Heat that glue and kind of pull it out, then pull the lense frame apart from the silver frame.

(6) Pop out the lenses you'll never use them again. *If you are as frustrated as I was at this point you can smash them to pieces if you like!

(7) Next cut the diffusing plastic to take the place of the lenses. It is almost impossible to put the diffusing plastic in as one piece. So cut it in pieces like the lenses were.

(8) Glue the diffusing plastic in the frame where the lenses were. I used a hot glue gun, but the diffusing plastic has started to come unglued around the edges, but it's still holding the diffusing plastic in thier.

(8) After all this put the lights back together by using the oven or trusty heat gun to reheat the glue and put the frames back together. You may have also bent the edges of the main frame that took like 6 hrs. to get apart, so just use the heat gun to melt the plastic back down.

(9) Put your new light bulbs in place of your old ones. **Remember they're 1156. It's going to be a little difficult to get your lights back in because your edges are going to be bent, but fit them in thier and when you screw the bolts back in, they will pull the lights back into place perfectly. Then put the interior carpet back in and your finished!

Remeber, this will take more than one day. It took us 10 hrs. and that was 2 people it would take one person atleast twice as long. Your probably going to get extremely frustrated, but it's worth it! Remember to get 1156 bulbs. And remember to check the SC gallery and get the pictures of the taillight conversion, the pictures are very helpful! Oh and in thos directions it says there's a screw holding the lense frame in, but there's really not one, it just pops out after the glue is out of the way. And on the light that has the key hole, your going to have to brake that little clear ring surrounding the key hole (on the lense frame) to get the frame out!

Well enjoy your new lights and these directions! I hope they're useful. Don't forget to post up when your finished and let us know how it went. And if you have any questions just ask! Good Luck!!

WOW. That is going to take some planning. Just to get the heat gun! HMMMMMMMM. It might be a while until I have the time. 5-6 hours to pry the lights apart? G-DAMN!!!!!! You have patience man - but job well done. I will check out when I have a few days off.

• 10 months later...