97 Es300 Egr Sensor

byacs

Hello...i didn't see anything on this when i search...sorry if this is everyday stuff.

My 97 lexus is in great shape...was my mother in laws car.

It started stuttering/jerking when accelerating (only when staying at one steady speed but giving it gas...happens at all speeds)

Anyway...the road was wet last week..i slipped a little when taking off...and it sent the car into a strange jerky fit...slipping/jerking/missing...etc.

I put it in N...and back into drive and went on my way.

The Check Engine light was already on...has been for a couple weeks...and the Trac Off turned on when this happened.

Both lights stay on now.

I had autozone shoot the codes:

p1411

p1410

Both are egr malfunctions

The part is like $31 bucks...i have no idea where it is...or how hard it is to replace...but for $31 i'm replacing before i take anywhere.

I got nothing when i googled that offered me much...so i am here now.

Anyone know this set of codes...is it as cut and dry as this little part...or could this be one of those throw parts and money at the code to get the light to turn off and get inspected?

Where is the egr position sensor located...and can a noob like me replace it?

Thanks in advance!

I had the exact same experience: burned the tires (accidently) in the rain, and sent her into a jerky fit. Ran the codes and got the exact same ones you did. Replaced the EGR sensor - ~$50 bucks - and all was well.

The EGR Sensor could possibly be the EASIEST piece to replace, cereal. It's right on top of the engine and is held on by 3 nuts. The wire connector is even easier. It's this little guy right there {Attached Picture}. It was suggested that I replace the entire EGR manifold itself, but I didn't want to drop 350 altogether. Good luck.

post-34703-1221249809_thumb.jpg

I had the exact same experience: burned the tires (accidently) in the rain, and sent her into a jerky fit. Ran the codes and got the exact same ones you did. Replaced the EGR sensor - ~$50 bucks - and all was well.

The EGR Sensor could possibly be the EASIEST piece to replace, cereal. It's right on top of the engine and is held on by 3 nuts. The wire connector is even easier. It's this little guy right there {Attached Picture}. It was suggested that I replace the entire EGR manifold itself, but I didn't want to drop 350 altogether. Good luck.

post-34703-1221249809_thumb.jpg

Thanks!!!

I was on my way here to laugh at myself...

I picked the part up on the way home...took a look inside the engine...and realized it couldn't be any cheaper, easier to locate...remove...and replace this piece. LOL

Thanks for the heads up!