Bluetooth...not Showing Incoming Caller Id

ibisllc

Just picked up my '08 ES 350 UL today and already used the outbound and inbound handsfree calling. The phone I have is a Motorola V3 Razor through T-Mobile. The service technician paired the phone with no problems. Made several inbound calls with no problem. Taking any inbound calls wasn't an issue.

However, when I recieved a call, it did not display the incoming phone number and/or any other identification. I checked the Lexus website and looked up my phone/carrier. Of all the options listed, it does indicate "Handsfree system displays incoming caller identification" as 'Yes' meaning I should be able to see the incoming phone number/name on my Nav screen.

Anyone have any experience with this issue and/or suggestions on how to resolve? I'm hoping it's not an issue with a software version difference on my exact V3 versus what Lexus says should work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just picked up my '08 ES 350 UL today and already used the outbound and inbound handsfree calling. The phone I have is a Motorola V3 Razor through T-Mobile. The service technician paired the phone with no problems. Made several inbound calls with no problem. Taking any inbound calls wasn't an issue.

However, when I recieved a call, it did not display the incoming phone number and/or any other identification. I checked the Lexus website and looked up my phone/carrier. Of all the options listed, it does indicate "Handsfree system displays incoming caller identification" as 'Yes' meaning I should be able to see the incoming phone number/name on my Nav screen.

Anyone have any experience with this issue and/or suggestions on how to resolve? I'm hoping it's not an issue with a software version difference on my exact V3 versus what Lexus says should work.

First off, glad to see you finally got your car. Hopefully it was worth the wait.

I just saw this post so I gave it a try with my phone. I have a V3 RAZR also, but with Cingular (now AT&T). I have two phones paired with the car, mine and my wife's (this is her car). I was surprised that the car did not automatically detect and use my phone - it was the only Bluetooth device within the vacinity of the car. I had to go into the setup menu and select my phone by name. That will be a pain if you have to do this each time you start the car. I hope this is just an artifact of the battery being disconnected to install the iPod adapter. We will see!

I had my wife call my cell phone from the house and the phone number of the house phone was displayed. There was no name displayed, only the number, even though the home phone number is in the car phone book.

John

First off, glad to see you finally got your car. Hopefully it was worth the wait.

I just saw this post so I gave it a try with my phone. I have a V3 RAZR also, but with Cingular (now AT&T). I have two phones paired with the car, mine and my wife's (this is her car). I was surprised that the car did not automatically detect and use my phone - it was the only Bluetooth device within the vacinity of the car. I had to go into the setup menu and select my phone by name. That will be a pain if you have to do this each time you start the car. I hope this is just an artifact of the battery being disconnected to install the iPod adapter. We will see!

I had my wife call my cell phone from the house and the phone number of the house phone was displayed. There was no name displayed, only the number, even though the home phone number is in the car phone book.

John

It was worth the wait! Thanks for asking.

To the issue you experienced from what I learned this morning when I asked about having two phones paired, he said the one it will automatically pair to is the last one that was connected. I noticed that as he was pairing and other things we set up the car had to be turned off then on to reset. So your iPod work may have had something to do with it. But if her phone was the last that was active that probably explains why it didn't immediately recognize your phone.

I'll have a few more people call me to see if other phone numbers show up. I had my salesman call me back so the dealer was the only phone to call me. But the number should have at least displayed.

I'm curious to see if others have experienced this.

I have the same problem with the same phone. Am using Rogers (Canada) as the carrier. Incoming calls do not display name or number on the Navi, even when the incoming caller is listed in the car's address book.

Would love to find a solution to this. Otherwise the phone links, and works well.

Caller ID generally show up if the caller hasn't block their Caller ID. Phones have the option of hiding their Caller ID if they don't want to send it. Another possibilty is it could be a network issue. My sister is on the same network as me and her number is in my phonebook, yet once in awhile my phone will only show her number and not her name.

Caller ID generally show up if the caller hasn't block their Caller ID. Phones have the option of hiding their Caller ID if they don't want to send it. Another possibilty is it could be a network issue. My sister is on the same network as me and her number is in my phonebook, yet once in awhile my phone will only show her number and not her name.

I'm happy to report that it was probably a first day thing. My system is now working properly as incoming numbers are displayed and if it is a number I have in my phonebook and I've given it a label like "Home" it shows up as "Home".

Good stuff!

Now if I can just find the bypass that will allow the navigation to work while driving. I saw on another thread/forum the company in California who has these, and I emailed them, but they haven't perfected it yet on the ES 350. Only on the LS and the LX I believe.