Buying High Mileage Gs300 Need Advice

I am thinking of buying 140,000mi 2000 GS300 with excellent Dealer's records. Single owner, Florida white. Price is around $6.8k

What do you guys think? I need a beater car (sorry) for bad weather when I don't want to drive my Porsche.

What to look for PPI??

Thanks a lot.

I'm sorry, kisik, but I don't know if calling our beloved GS3 a beater car is the good way to get honest feedback. I detect flames inc.

But, to answer your inquiry: I drive a 2000GS3 (just broke 150k miles) that was given to me by my dad. Other than a few minor problems such as door lock actuators and other small stuff, the car still drives like the day my dad bought it. Good price but I can't judge a car based on such little information. Have you seen a carfax report on the car?

• 2 weeks later...
The GS will outlast the porsche if maintained on schedule, Have the GS fully inspected for piece of mind. After the GS purchase don't forget to dust the porsche off at least once a week. JK :lol::lol::lol:

+1 ^ B)

140,000 miles is nuthing for a 2000 GS300. i had a 94 first gen and i rode it all the way to 195,000 miles before i traded it in for a 2nd gen gs300 and i bought it clean with 140,000.. these cars run like new FOREVER, as long as they are well maintained.. i didnt even have to test drive it. when i got it though i did the ordinary and got an oil change, trans flush, new timing belt and spark plugs, !Removed! well as 4 brand new tires.

I'm sorry, kisik, but I don't know if calling our beloved GS3 a beater car is the good way to get honest feedback. I detect flames inc.

But, to answer your inquiry: I drive a 2000GS3 (just broke 150k miles) that was given to me by my dad. Other than a few minor problems such as door lock actuators and other small stuff, the car still drives like the day my dad bought it. Good price but I can't judge a car based on such little information. Have you seen a carfax report on the car?

Put it this way, would anyone buy a 911 with 140,000 miles on it?

Put it this way, would anyone buy a 911 with 140,000 miles on it?

I would buy a porsche with that mileage... and just throw my corolla engine and tranny in it and make it one fancy looking reliable beater

I have a 1994 GS300 that has 245,000 and it is still running great!!!!! I love the car, I could not have made a better choice, oh and I have to say if it has all maitinence records and was well maintained, go for it. I am horrible with car maitinence and am still not having problems, and whe one does arise it lets me know. But the only major thing I have had to do is an alternator repair. Thats it. VERY reliable and comfy.

• 2 weeks later...
I am thinking of buying 140,000mi 2000 GS300 with excellent Dealer's records. Single owner, Florida white. Price is around $6.8k

What do you guys think? I need a beater car (sorry) for bad weather when I don't want to drive my Porsche.

What to look for PPI??

Thanks a lot.

i bought mine with 160XXX and it runs like a champ what i mean to say is of course it a rwd toyota the best of the best

What to look for PPI??

Thanks a lot.

if the car under well maintaince, i think gs will be ok it will run other 150000

i bought mine with 119k on it and it needs piston rings ( have no idea how that happend :angry: ) but other than that, check the ball joints and the door lock actuators those seem to be common problems among 2gs owners